Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not big on introductions, but I guess we all have our hurdles to get over on this journey. And this is the first of mine.

I'm an avid gamer, always have been though back in my younger years I was very active. Something that fell away somewhere along the way, leaving me here, wondering just what happened and when I started appreciating crisp and cola over a nice session of DDR. But it happened and I've been trying to find something to motivate me to get my lazy self back in order when I stumbled over NF and was thrilled. I've been "blessed" with flaws that range from allergies to physical issues, some I'm undergoing surgery for later this month and it's about time I earn some perks to weigh up the flaws. What kind of a gamer would I be otherwise?

The short term goals I've set up for myself consists of making sure I get out of the house for a minimum of an hour a day with the focus on walking or running, keeping up with my diet and physical therapy while prepping for what will be some downtime after the surgery.

For the long term I think just getting back in the saddle again will be the first step. Daily exercise in some manner and when I've gotten back on my feet I'm so picking up parkour. It's been a dream for so long but when you can barely run for any period of time before feeling like you're about to collapse it's not something you just jump into.

But we all have to start somewhere, and this will be that place for me. Otherwise, feel free to nag me. Please.

Dwarven Ranger. LVL 2.STR: 2 â•‘ DEX: 3 â•‘ STA: 2 â•‘ CON: 1 â•‘ WIS: 3 â•‘ CHA: 4

Current challenge: N/A

When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that; you find someone to carry you.

Welcome!

"we all start somewhere" -- absolutely!! The thing I love most about NF is that no matter where we all are beginning, every single person here is supportive of our individual journeys. I read here for a few weeks before posting, so looking back at my first workout logs it sounds like I had a decent base fitness level, but before Christmas I could barely get out of bed. Your goal of getting out of the house is a major step, and I bet you'll be surprised at what you'll be thinking of doing next!

Feel free to ask for ideas if you're stuck or feel like you're getting in a rut after your surgery.

And, did you go outside today? :D Google says it's +1C which means, above freezing, so get on out there!

Thanks, I might just do that. Doc's keep telling me it's really important to get moving as soon as possible. Just wish I knew just how sore I'd be but I guess I'll know soon enough.

Been doing good though, on the sunny day's I'd gone for a walk every afternoon and the few times it's rained I've taken to wander up and down the stairs in my building. The neighbours might think me a little nutty but I can live with that. I did pass up going out one day. I was snowing. Kinda broke my will to move out of the bed. But I made up with it by visiting a friend and helping her out with her horses the day after.

Also, I've started taking the long way around town on my way home for work. Really, just forcing me to get out of the house a little each day might have been one of the best things I've done as of late.

Dwarven Ranger. LVL 2.STR: 2 â•‘ DEX: 3 â•‘ STA: 2 â•‘ CON: 1 â•‘ WIS: 3 â•‘ CHA: 4

When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that; you find someone to carry you.

Frostbite I really dont mind but it was wet slushy snow. A lovely three inches of it. It felt like a cruel prank. :/

Archived