Forums are back in action! ×

Respawn - "I AM pressing 'A'...oh..."

If the pandemic has taught me anything, it is how long I can go without leaving the house or thinking about leaving the house (about a week and a half). My lifestyle could be accurately described as extremely sedentary, or immobile.

I've always hated formal exercise, and never developed a love of the kind of "play" that helps you stay fit and flexible. There was this one stretch of time, where for 2 years, I worked out consistently. Three or four times a week. I lost weight, got healthy enough to have a baby. Then I quit working out (I think my excuse was "I'm pregnant.") Gained back that weight and then some. Lost 6-8 lbs expelling a baby. Then gained it back...and haven't lost it since. 

I've tried off and on to conquer my weight through diet (while exercising). My MyFitnessPal account is a testament to the lengths I will go to make sure I can eat an unreasonable amount of sweets at the end of the day. 

I think the truth is what it has been...my favorite things to do are sitting and lying down while [blank] (sitting while sewing, sitting while reading, lying down while writing, lying down while watching movies, ...). I'm not incapable of liking new things that are physically active, it's just highly unlikely that I will, especially in the pandemic.

No...my war will be fought and won in the kitchen and at the dining table. Tallied in calories consumed (by weekly average) and lbs lost.

I've been at it for 2 weeks now, and am hitting "comfort" with 2210 calories. Which is to say that I do not cry myself to sleep, or stand in front of the fridge imagining what I can't have. I can see the pattern of 5 good days, 1-2 bad. I don't believe in cheat days. I believe in fitting in what I want to eat, and modifying recipes to fit more of what I love. I'll reach the point where 2210 feels like a lot. Where I'm stuffed. Then I'll drop to 2100...2000...we'll see how that goes...

I'm here to check out and share recipes. Maybe find a friend to distract from the task at hand and to otherwise make life better (I understand that is what friends do). Someone who is also looking for a distraction and to get more out of life. Maybe someone who also watches Star Trek, and enjoyed Avenue 5...who has watched more than a little Doctor Who, and all of Eerie Indiana....an "I Love You, Man"...Bill and Ted...Tony and Bruce...friend.  Maybe someone who sews and crafts, even when the stuff that you make is 3x more expensive than something store-bought...maybe, I'd have friends like that if I'd gone out a bit more...left the house a little...moved, even a bit.

Well! Maybe now I'll be ready when the world opens back up...

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Challenge #1

Challenge Progress Chart (Google Doc)

Hey! Much luck with your battles ahead. It was fun reading what your interests are – and I am glad to have you joining the Rebellion in general – I have lost track of Dr. Who quite a while ago but I loved it when I watched it. (At least 2 Doctors ago.) Watching series for breakfast and lunch wasn't doing me lots of good with all the freedom uni gave me, so I had to stop and in the evenings I am usually too tired so I have been following only one or two series at a time :) (For a while it was house of Cards, Star Trek Discovery, now it's Lucifer, sideshow Brooklyn Nine-Nine.)  I have been meaning to get to watching older Star Trek variations :) They sound delightful. 

Welcome, and see you around. (I am currently not so good at keeping up with everyone, but I wanted to say hi!)

PS – Pregnancy is not an excuse, it's a valid reason to adjust your moving schedule, and it's entirely understandable that you did not have the mental capacity to adjust it, so you dropped your exercise routines. The important thing is, you are here now. Fall down 7 times, get up 8! (That's a Japanese proverb  if you are interested, but you get the idea from the proverb itself, too :)

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

8 hours ago, Athena said:

Hey! Much luck with your battles ahead. It was fun reading what your interests are – and I am glad to have you joining the Rebellion in general – I have lost track of Dr. Who quite a while ago but I loved it when I watched it. (At least 2 Doctors ago.) Watching series for breakfast and lunch wasn't doing me lots of good with all the freedom uni gave me, so I had to stop and in the evenings I am usually too tired so I have been following only one or two series at a time :) (For a while it was house of Cards, Star Trek Discovery, now it's Lucifer, sideshow Brooklyn Nine-Nine.)  I have been meaning to get to watching older Star Trek variations :) They sound delightful. 

Welcome, and see you around. (I am currently not so good at keeping up with everyone, but I wanted to say hi!)

PS – Pregnancy is not an excuse, it's a valid reason to adjust your moving schedule, and it's entirely understandable that you did not have the mental capacity to adjust it, so you dropped your exercise routines. The important thing is, you are here now. Fall down 7 times, get up 8! (That's a Japanese proverb  if you are interested, but you get the idea from the proverb itself, too :)

Haha, a couple doctors ago may be for the best...I will say Tennant and Capaldi are my favorites. I haven't tried Discovery or Brooklyn-nine-nine yet, but they are on my watch list. HAHA OLDER Star Trek? How old is old?

• Haha 1

Challenge #1

Challenge Progress Chart (Google Doc)

2 minutes ago, ziggification said:

Haha, a couple doctors ago may be for the best...

Why so ? :)

I will say Tennant and Capaldi are my favorites.

Yeah Tennant is a universal fave I think :)

I haven't seen Capaldi in action, though :) 

I haven't tried Discovery or Brooklyn-nine-nine yet, but they are on my watch list. HAHA OLDER Star Trek? How old is old?

Well I meant anything besides ST: Discovery ? 

I have never been about dichotomous living, like Rolling stones v. the Beatles, mayo or ketchup, pie OR cake, and I was pretty sure I would like both SW and being a Trekkie but after I saw Star Wars I never got to watching any Star Trek :)

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

Nine-nine! I'm a bit behind since cancelling my Hulu Live subscription, but it's a fantastic show.

I love the original Star Wars, but never got as into Star Trek. I don't think it's an either/or thing, though, so much as SW being more "science fantasy" than science fiction, which makes it more my jam. 

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf