Forums are back in action! ×

Character stats

Hello everyone,

signing in for my first PVP adventure I noticed that many people has stats under their signature, charisma, wisdom, strength and so on. How do you calculate them? I would love to try it, still missing my old D&D games :) 

An'ya | LOKI Rebel

STR 2.5 | DEX 2 | CON 5 | INT 3.5 | WIS 2 | CH 2.25 | HAPPYNESS 55

Loot Gained: One Spritz, 10 Pizzette, Domestika Pencil Class, Working out/Running gear

Challenges: 1 | 2

1 hour ago, An-ya said:

Hello everyone,

signing in for my first PVP adventure I noticed that many people has stats under their signature, charisma, wisdom, strength and so on. How do you calculate them? I would love to try it, still missing my old D&D games :) 

There used to be a whole system for it everyone was encouraged to use, now people do what works for them. @Rurik Harrgath had some really good discussions on some of his challenge threads about them.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, An-ya said:

Hello everyone,

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There used to be a whole system for it everyone was encouraged to use, now people do what works for them. @Rurik Harrgath had some really good discussions on some of his challenge threads about them.

The character stats were originally a NF Forums feature but it has been phased out since Nerd Fitness HQ moved toward a Superhero theme rather than RPG.  Most of the stats you'll see around the forum are from when completing every challenge 'awarded' 15 stats to place as you'd like.  Nowadays folks will do just about anything with the stat points as they see fit, with plenty of us incorporating attribute points into our own personal systems.  For example, mine are based on a 1-20 system where 1 would be a baby basically and 20 would be Hafthor Bjornsson for Strength, Usain Bolt for constitution, etc.  Basically 20 is the superhuman maximum.  Using a couple different Reddit interpretations, I determined where my personal Real Life stat points would approximately fall and I've come up with a goals list in my Battle Log for how I could level up my stats in real life to achieve higher levels of STR, DEX, INT, etc.

Other people will award themselves +1 STR per workout or a certain amount of stats per completed challenge.  There are probably as many stat interpretations as there are RPG-style Nerds on the forums these days!  You're very welcome to come up with your own system but I wouldn't get too bogged down on the gritty details because the important aspect is actually setting goals you can accomplish and working towards a healthier lifestyle.  Any gamification is just the icing on the metaphorical cake ;) 

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I added stats under my challenge a few challenges ago. Like Rurik said, back at the dawn of NF, we had this complicated system of stats. I loved the idea, but the application was cumbersome. I'm trying it again, but simpler. I awarded myself points at the beginning, with the numbers between 1- 20. For me, 20 isn't super human, but it is still top level , but I do hope to achieve it. At the start of the challenge , I  say what quality I will achieve, and how many points are possible.  The easier to understand , the easier it is to actually implement it

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27