Forums are back in action! ×

Day 40 Saturday

Chilling at home. Boozy evening. 

Day 39 Sunday

4k bush walk straight into my first all running C25K session (20 mins running).  Even looking back 20 days ago I've improved quite a bit. I took the run nice and easy and managed to get through it without stopping, now the real fun starts! 

Nutrition not too bad.

Spent the rest of the whole day preparing our DA objection submission and doing my tax return. 

In other news, I can't believe the morons protesting in Sydney and the evil things they were doing. Cruelty to animals is totally unjustified under any circumstances. This protest will doubtless be a super-spreader event and lead us into further months of lockdown, exactly the thing they were protesting about. Stupid is as Stupid does....

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 7/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, Endor said:

How's it going? I find i need to go easy at the start and build up slowly or i end up with IT band issues. I think we're a similar age (I'm 46) so I'm interested to hear how you go.  

I started slowly.

5 mins walk, 5 mins jogging. Then 6 and 4. I’m on 3x9 minutes now with 1 mi Ute rest. 

I increased weekly rather than each session. Weight is coming off for me too.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, AwayLifter said:

I started slowly.

5 mins walk, 5 mins jogging. Then 6 and 4. I’m on 3x9 minutes now with 1 mi Ute rest. 

I increased weekly rather than each session. Weight is coming off for me too.

Sounds like a good approach, glad to hear it's helping the weight loss. I need to get back to lifting as well. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 38 (Monday)

Weigh in: 100.0kg (-0.8kg)

Aaaaah so close to ! :) weight loss slowing down, mainly because I've stopped intermittent fasting and changed out some meals that I need to change back. e.g. consistent breakfast (half an avo and 2 boiled eggs rather than porridge) and overall less carbs. 

Beer is the elephant in the room, well it makes an elephant in the room anyway....need to drink less if I want to lose weight. 

Good news is my waist measurement has dropped by an inch and some of trousers are not so tight. 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 36 Weds

Work work work. Didn't even leave the house. 

Couple drinks. 

Nutrition ok. 

Lockdown extended for 4 weeks. 

The running event has been cancelled due to lockdown, there's a virtual version I'll have to do instead.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 35 Thurs

Work work work again, sitting all day.  Finished up and wanted to drink beer... instead i did another C25K run.

Kicked on pretty hard at the end,  legs and joints are sore, but i needed to unleash some aggression and tension.

Incremental gains,  do the work and you get the benefit....and the endorphins.  Its a good feeling to be thurs and have 2 runs done.  Now i can choose sat or sun for the last one.

Submissions against the house next door closed today.  We put in around 34 pages of objections. Hopefully some of it will stick.  

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 32 Sunday

Weather looking awesome today.  Hoping to take my jetski out this arvo. 

C25K run done soon as i got up. All running this time,  managed to finish it. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 31 Monday

Weigh in: 99.7.

Awesome sauce,  back in double figure.  That's 5k lost in July, if i can do 5k a month for 3 or 4 months that would be awesome,  we'll see.

Had a great weekend, worked hard Saturday on physical tasks and took the ski out Sunday which was exactly the therapy i needed.  180HP, 93km/h, beautiful scenery.  You Bloody ripper!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 7/29/2021 at 11:35 AM, Endor said:

Submissions against the house next door closed today.

I know it's just my wrestling obsessed mind that immediately painted a picture of you trying to headlock a house till it taps out, but silliness aside, it makes for an interesting allegory once you think about it.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

21 hours ago, Yuen said:

Back into double digits is a great milestone. Doing well on your C25K progress. Jet ski = fun + good exercise. Physical tasks = get stuff done + good exercise.

Keep it up!

Thanks, on the right track, hopefully I can keep at it! 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I know it's just my wrestling obsessed mind that immediately painted a picture of you trying to headlock a house till it taps out, but silliness aside, it makes for an interesting allegory once you think about it.

I'd like to wring this guy's neck never mind a headlock! 

We ended up with about 15 submissions objecting to the removal of the stunning native paperbark tree, if he has to keep that and nothing changes about the house that would at least be a win. The council went bankrupt last year due to mismanagement and are doing everything to get revenue. This includes approving plans for outrageous buildings that are nowhere near within code regulations. This has me worried they'll just pass this one right through with no amendments so they can take a clip on the build cost. I've heard staff have been resigning rather than being forced to pass stuff they know is illegal. I'm hoping we get treated fairly, but it's unlikely. The house will shadow our house completely, nightmare. 

• Sad 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 30 Tuesday 

C25K run, this was hard. Got some ITB pain again, need to do some stretching. 

Cleaned up my garage. so I can get to the weight lifting platform., you know, just in case I decide to lift again....

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 29 Wednesday 

Nothing much happened today, just working and a walk with the pooch.

Wife had 2nd PF and was tired from it so I made dinner, which doesn't happen often!

Nutrition good, few drinks. 

Past the halfway mark! I'll finish my C25K program in 18 days time, may not be running 5k by then though as it's only 30 mins for the last session. Will see how we go. After I'm finished the goal will be to run 5K x 3 times a week. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 25  Sun

C25K run. Was a lot of smoke haze form back burning and some light rain, reassured myself these were excuses and went for a run anyway. Good pace, I'm starting to pick up a bit. This one was 25mins running and all up including warm up/warm down was 4.5km so I'm getting closer to covering the full distance even if some of it is walking. 

Busy all day organizing my garage and building some new computers.  

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 24  Mon

Weigh in: 99.9kg (+0.2)

Nutrition has not been where it needs to be this last week, had takeaway a couple of times and eaten some stuff I shouldn't. Not too bummed about the weigh in, lock down is tough and I can't be too hard on myself. Having said that I could do with drinking less....see how this week goes.  I definitely can't rely on running alone to drop the weight off. 

Only 2 more weeks of my C25K Program to go (incl. this week). 

The event I was going to do has a virtual version with a Strava group for event day, going to do that and my friend is still keen as well so we're keeping each other accountable. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 23  Tues

No drinking last night and up with the lark this morning so I did my C25K run early morning. Felt like I was taking it easy, Strava says different as do my legs! 4.8km today all up so I'm confident now I should make the  distance by the end of the training program. 

Chilli planting season is upon us, looking forward to getting some seeds in pots this weekend. 

Covid lock down had me thinking of this old song...

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 22  Weds

Not eating well, no exercise. 

Day 21 Thurs

Not eating well, no exercise. 

Day 20  Fri

Not eating well. 

Should go for a run now...

Spoiler

I did a C25K run at the last possible minute.  

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 19  Sat

Super busy doing jobs around the house, cleaned all the windows, trimmed the trees, did some shopping. 

Day 18  Sun

Did my C25K run early before I got too tired/busy.

Really busy again round the house. 

Went for a bush walk. 

Legs absolutely rooted by the end of the day, 16,500 steps. Had to take some painkillers to sleep. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge