Forums are back in action! ×

My story, a Fantasy of Life

To start off with, using a forum is kind of weird for me. It's not that using internet is new, it's just that I've never had a need before to use one; until now that is. So kind of bear with me.

I was always the quiet/timid/bashful nerd in school. I was never good at expressing myself, atleast not visibly. So I was kind of alone a lot during elementary school. That pretty much set the mood for my entire middle/high school years as I basically grew up with no self-confidence. I haven't done any kind of PE since 5th grade and that left me as the toothpick I am currently. While I felt I couldn't do anything with myself in our reality, my mind always drifted to the world of fiction where anything was possible. I wrote and drew all kinds of stories, each getting bigger and more complicated than the last. I always kept them to myself; a world that I created that I felt was my "safe zone."

During the last two years, I was able to break out of that shell of timidness. I got along better with my siblings, which we had somehow grown apart. Now we're closer than ever. Even better, I managed to make a couple friends in my community. As I learned more about them, they learned more about my hobbies of writing stories. Some of them were literally blown away by what I had written. It helped to boost the small confidence I had in myself. But I knew that if I didn't do something with that confidence, it would be short-lived. I had to find balance between reality and the imagery of my stories.

My latest story is a project that acts as a goal line for my real life goals of getting fit and boosting my relatively low self confidence. This story coincides with what's going on in my real life. All of my friends take part in it by creating characters that have a powerful role in the plot. Regardless if it was my idea or not, I was elected as the main character, the director of a powerful organization. I knew that in order for my character, Alano, to advance any further, I have to advance myself in the here and now. With every step I take to get into shape, I know I would feel myself becoming a better person as a whole, and so Alano would be strong enough to fight and win against a new adversary. I'm ready to meet the challenges and the odds of them.

I am Alano, and I am doing this for those I am close to and for myself, to be the confident leader they see me as, and I am reaching to The Rebellion to help me with that. The philosophy that is presented here is really inspiring. I love the feel of it. I did some reading on some of the articles, and it seems there's an article for practically anything. I know that step one in my goals is to atleast be over 150lbs (currently weigh 116lbs x_x So just a bit of direction is much appreciated). I'll be looking forward to working with all of you guys!

Congrats on joining and readying yourself for awesome change :) It's a good thing. I relate all too well to your previous life as a timid character.

As far as increasing from 116-150: eat lots of food (preferably of the healthy persuasion) and lift things up and put them down. Some good starter programs include Steve's (check out the main blog page for free resources) also Starting Strength and Strong Lifts--very popular to get one started.

Good luck!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Posting on forums is new to me too and I can relate to being the nerd in school; however, now that I'm back in school and studying computer programming, being a nerd isn't so bad :) In fact, these days it seems like being a "nerd" is a good thing -- embrace it!

I stumbled upon NF through Pinterest and reading about Saint's success was so inspiring. I've struggled with my weight -- and confidence -- for as long as I can remember, and it looks like I found NF at the opportune moment.

Laura's right about eating and doing strength training. Be consistent and push past any discouraging moments. I couldn't do a proper push up for years, but I can now!

With a clear goal in mind, you CAN do it :D

Archived