Forums are back in action! ×

The Adventure of Lucia

*insert 20 seconds of courage*

Lu here! I keep changing my mind (again: the grass is always greener...) so let's make it final.

The theme for these 13 weeks is Integrity, and the supporting words are: Proactivity, Consistency, Choice and Ease.

Main goal: Write the dietetics paper.

Side goal #1: Follow the morning routine 9 times out of ten.

Side goal #2: Get any sort of workout every day.

So basically I want to write this paper which is the 20% that contributes to the 80% of my stress :) The not-so-official story is, I need to write a guide for Rebels to prevent eating disorders when they get on the track with nutrition... But it won't reach everyone if I make it direct, so I need to make it look like a scientific paper, so that the bad guys let it slide. If there's one thing I need to achieve ASAP, that's it.

The first side goal is a mental thing, an attempt to structure my day better. So far I do things out of order, some things I do, some I don't... Hopefully I'll be able to turn it into a habit. Same with the other side goal, which is exercise. I love walking, so it doesn't really feel like it counts. Doing anything else, even just a cat-cow pose for a minute will count as a win. 

I'll be using the Elastic Habits strategy, which utilizes four levels: missed (F), mini (A+, absolute minimum), plus (medium energy) and elite (super extra awesome day).

It's past midnight here already, so see you guys in the morning :)

~*~
"Darkness dissolved and a new day began.
The Light of Meridian returned to shine once again.
And never again would anyone stop its splendor."

~*~

Challenges: 1

Interesting that you chose a theme for the challenge and supporting words. How do the words help you with your goals, and how did you decide on that theme and supporting words.  I've been working on having values for  my  eating habits (joy, family, grit) but it seems like I have a hard time putting the values into actual decision making for my goals. I will enjoy following and seeing how you incorporate your theme.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I chose Integrity because I have a hard time sticking to promises to myself. Proactivity - instead of finding stuff to do other than writing, I'll attempt to find pockets of time to do the writing. Maybe read a research paper. Nerd out a little. Make it fun. Consistency - do NOT break the chain. Hence my setting up an account here. Even opening the Word document and writing a single sentence will do, just as long as I do something everyday. Choice - I want to remember that every moment is a choice. I don't have to agree to every little thing others ask me to do. If I do, it's my choice. Ease - I'll take time to level up my batcave. As a mostly organized person I am an expert at "out of sight, out of mind" ? Time to make things visible and easily accessible.

There's only one thing that comes to mind when you talk about joy.

? 25+ Best Memes About Marie Kondo | Marie Kondo Memes

Other than that, off the top of my head, you could add a food you love to every meal, like a tangerine with breakfast ❤️ Or play with table setting, since it only requires what you already have, maybe play some good music, add a slice of lemon to your drink... 
Family: can you have one meal with your family per day or week? Add a fun/cute message to your partner's/kids' (just examples ;)) lunches? Maybe even have a bigger (extended) family dinner like once a quarter? Cook a meal with a kid or have them cook if they're old enough?
Grit: Can you elaborate on it? As in, what does the word mean to you in this context.

Btw, the morning routine gets a Plus medal. I did all I set out to do. 

Daily workout counts as a Plus as well, since I did 10 minutes and not just 1. Daily win? Check.

Writing paper: I wrote a little. Mini habit complete and an A+ for showing up! 

• Like 1

~*~

~*~

Day 2

I technically almost everything from my morning routine, but since it was late and out of order, it receives the Mini rank. It's something I struggle with a lot, I guess the underlying message is tiredness. 

First time using dumbbells properly - 15 rows/side and 15 goblet squats. Okay, this looks like it can be fun. I'm about to hit 10k steps, so let's make it a Plus.

Can I just say I'm proud of myself with today's writing? Instead of just giving up and going to bed I did write down a few ideas. The dial approach for the win! Although I do need to exercise some self-compassion instead of trying to force it. Mini habit completed.

• Like 1

~*~

~*~

I like how you think :) the elastic habit strategy is great, I didn’t know that name for it. It’s a good name. 

Are you a dietician? Who are these rebels? ?

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Yap, I studied at a college and now all that's left is to write a paper. For some reason my brain turned it into this huge, impossible task that it wants to avoid at any cost. I need to change the strategy because this clearly works for anything but this. Ehh.

Oh, and by Rebels I meant the Heros in this community; just like all the Journey adventures - the Rebellion is in danger, let's save our fellow heros! I was hoping that this mentality would make the task more fun.

Edit: Stress is overwhelming yet again. Right now instead of checking out other people's threads and taking interest in their journeys I'm hiding here, avoiding this elephant in the room. The guilt about it is only adding to the stress. I need to break this guilt cycle.

• Like 1

~*~

~*~

When I was at that point in my life (the paper writing point) the thing that finally worked for me was just having someone sit with me silently. Their presence kept me from freaking the F out and also from putting my head back in the sand. 
Do you have someone like that? 

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Woot for writing down some ideas!

?

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

When I was at that point in my life (the paper writing point) the thing that finally worked for me was just having someone sit with me silently. Their presence kept me from freaking the F out and also from putting my head back in the sand. 
Do you have someone like that? 

You're right. The nearly 2 year isolation really messed me up. In fact, a freaking ASMR video with someone just breathing and occasionally talking as they completed a task was calming. Maybe I could chill at my brother's house (change of enviroment) as his older daughter is at the nursery during the day. Plus distraction is good for creative work. The other idea would be to move to the kitchen. Just to remember that other people are alive in the world.

As a proactive act I wrote down my umbrella and supporting words on a whiteboard since I already found myself forgetting about them ? Today's goal is to make shifts to the enviroment and make my commitments more visible. It won't stay that way forever, just until I'm finished.

Morning routine? Plus.

Exercise? TBA

Writing? TBA

• Like 2

~*~

~*~

My Big Why

I am here because:

• I want to feel strong and confident.
  • I want to attract the love of my life.
  • I want to look FABULOUS.
  • I want to become a leader.
  • I want to become kinder.

And because I want to be more self-compassionate about my weaknesses.

• Like 3

~*~

~*~

Woo hoo! Yesterday I realized I can do 3 push-ups at bed height level. It's been a week since I started exercising consistently (just earned General DOMS' jacket) and it's beginning to pay off. At the benchmark test I noped out after doing 10 push-ups at counter level and before doing even 1 at bed height. This is such a dream coming true. I'm beginning to believe that thanks to NF team I'll soon achieve my FIRST EVER real push-up! This is so exciting ❤️

• Like 3

~*~

~*~