Forums are back in action! ×

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was

Hi everyone,

I'm vicious (proper noun, not adjective). I've done fitness and health stuff on and off throughout my life, although I've never been able to maintain it consistently, no matter how many training montages I watched. So I'm hoping to create more of a structure to keep me sticking to a routine that goes just beyond just "telling myself really energetically that I need to go super saiyan". So, being a nerd and also into fitness, I ended up here. ?

On the fitness side of things, I've been into weightlifting previously, and the best numbers I hit were about 175/255/285 bench/squat/deadlift. But more recently I've switched over to more bodyweight/kettlebell type stuff, since I don't get injured nearly as much this way, and it feels a little more in line with my goals (more like Garou than Darkshine, for all you One Punch Man enthusiasts). Yesterday, I started doing a bodyweight/kettlebell routine that's only about 30-40 minutes, but I hope to make it more in-depth over time (I haven't spent that much time designing it yet!). Kinda want to start up some karate classes again, since there's a place in my town and I used to be a black belt when I was a teenager...

I'm trying to do SOME sort of workout each day, whether my main workout or something else that leaves me exhausted, and I plan on posting about it here every day. So if I don't post, you all know I'm being lazy and probably playing Halo or watching the new season of JoJo. Feel free to call me out for it if I don't post.

Oh, on the goals side of things... I always want to be improving, so I don't have any absolute goals, but I'm trying to lose some fat right now and keep some decent muscle while I do it (and also build strength/stamina, duh). I'm about 15lbs of fat loss away from being pretty ripped, so I'm focusing on that for the next few months at least. Other than that, just always want to be getting faster, stronger, leaner, more determined, discover the power of friendship, gain the ability to use kamehameha... the normal stuff.

About me: I just recently landed on the wrong side of 30. I work a boring desk job and I refuse to let it make me a passive corporate drone. I'm very much interested in making friends on here for mutual accountability and support because it's dangerous to go alone. I was a physics major and I love science. I'm taking piano lessons because I also love music. I love PC games and I saved up for many months to buy myself a good gaming PC. I play Left 4 Dead 2, Halo Infinite, Overwatch, occasionally COD Warzone, etc etc. Some of my favorite games of all time would be Kingdom Hearts, Sonic Adventure, Mario 64 (yeah I'm old), Portal, and Ratchet & Clank. I love anime and other nerdy TV shows, such as Attack On Titan, Castlevania, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, One Punch Man, Jujutsu Kaisen, Dr. Stone, Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken, Tokyo Revengers, and more that I'm definitely forgetting. I love Studio Ghibli and I've seen almost all of their movies. Isaac Asimov and Ray Bradbury are awesome. Space exploration in reality and fiction is awesome.  The original Star Trek  is awesome. Firefly is awesome.  I love love LOVE horror, cyberpunk, dystopian, industrial, noir type aesthetics. Battle Angel Alita- the original manga, not the movie- is one of my favorite things. Junji Ito's horror manga stories are awesome. I love philosophy and debate. I'm learning to compose and record my own electronic music with Ableton Live on my PC. Some of my favorite musical genres are electronic ambient, synthwave/outrun, classical (especially Chopin/Liszt), punk/industrial/metal, and lofi hip hop (think more classic Nujabes stuff).

Happy to be here and excited to make some friends along the way! And remember, warriors: SASAGEYO!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard! We are quite similar as interests and i am looking for an accountability buddie as well, and  friends ofc. 

This is my disc, i find it easier to communicate there Unix#6953

• Like 1

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

Welcome! Looking forward to reading your adventures.

18 hours ago, vicious said:

About me: I just recently landed on the wrong side of 30.

Who said it is the wrong side? :D You get to still have reasonable youth, strength and energy while getting all of the responsibilities, but also nigh total freedom, in life. Going through it with the clock ticking because we're not going to stay young forever only adds to the thrill of it.

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

8 hours ago, Jean said:

Who said it is the wrong side? :D You get to still have reasonable youth, strength and energy while getting all of the responsibilities, but also nigh total freedom, in life. Going through it with the clock ticking because we're not going to stay young forever only adds to the thrill of it.

True, I like to see it as a battle against aging. Growing old only sucks if you let your body wear down by not taking care of it.

g6dRmvdVVFH8e2_mjOiQseSO4s4NE7xfFPM4rwmwpx4.jpg.d5738c897c731f53ee5b495ae62a8203.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/7/2021 at 4:28 PM, vicious said:

On the fitness side of things, I've been into weightlifting previously, and the best numbers I hit were about 175/255/285 bench/squat/deadlift. But more recently I've switched over to more bodyweight/kettlebell type stuff, since I don't get injured nearly as much this way, and it feels a little more in line with my goals

Ooh, nice lifts. But kettlebells are great, too. Welcome and happy fitnessing!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru