Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! I'm Alejandra.

I tried to be active on here a couple years ago but that didn't actually end up happening haha. So here I am, trying again. 

I'm 24, from Mexico, and a vegetarian. I graduated from university in June, and I've started my first full time job at a start-up like company. There is a lot to do and a lot of responsability to be handed to you if you're willing to help out and I've kind of ended up with a lot of things on my plate just a few months after joining. This has affected my health, both mental and physical. I work 12 hour days more often than I'd like, and since I'm paid by the hour, I can justify it by saying "well, at least I'm getting paid". Which... okay, extra money, but it doesn't do a lot for me in basically every other aspect of my life. The pandemic also didn't help since I stopped all physical activity until very recently and it shows on my weight, strength, flexibility, and energy levels. I also have student loans, which may explain why working a few extra paid hours sound nice, and in general the life of being a new young adult in this world is... uuuggghhh. I'm very goal oriented but oh my god, is it hard sometimes. 

With all this going on, I've been trying to make some moves for my health. I've joined a gym with a couple colleagues from the office to go after work (when we manage to get to the gym and don't stay at the office for more work), and I've been trying to watch what I eat. But I realize that I need advice, motivation, and companionship. My boyfriend lives with me and is going to be making the same lifestyle changes as I am so that's going to help, but I also wanted to try to build a community online as well. 

I know this will be good for me. My anxiety and stress levels are better when I work out and I have a lot more energy when I eat real food. 

But all this to say that it may be a cliché time of the year to try to start getting my life together, but at least I'm starting and I'm excited to get to know everyone!

Regarding the "nerd" in Nerd fitness, I'm a big fan of the Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Hollow Knight. My boyfriend didn't grow up playing games so it's been fun introducing him to this world. So far, he loves Breath of the Wild (he likes to fish and hike, so I thought it would be a good game to start with) and we recently finished Overcooked 2 together. If anyone has suggestions on how to introduce him to more genres and games for non-gamers, I'm all ears!

Nice to meet you all! (sorry for the long intro post!)

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Alejandra said:

This has affected my health, both mental and physical. I work 12 hour days more often than I'd like, and since I'm paid by the hour, I can justify it by saying "well, at least I'm getting paid". Which... okay, extra money, but it doesn't do a lot for me in basically every other aspect of my life.

Yeah, 12 hours is a lot!

7 hours ago, Alejandra said:

But all this to say that it may be a cliché time of the year to try to start getting my life together, but at least I'm starting and I'm excited to get to know everyone!

Welcome and good luck!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Welcome back! 

It may seem like a cliche time of year but I think it’s great you are here and very obviously excited for this change! I hope you make a challenge thread if you haven’t already. Its a great way to meet people and keep track of your progress. The challenges are the only reason I keep showing up and trying. 

Overcooked 2 is so much fun ☺️ My fiancé doesn’t like it though so sometimes I just play by myself. I wish they had a zen mode lol

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Welcome back! I think it would be really hard to be 24 right now, so kudos to you for juggling all that, and wanting to make positive changes on top of it.

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3