Forums are back in action! ×

Breakfast?

Ghost

Ghost here,

What breakfast foods/drinks would best serve different purposes?

Example:

Banana smoothie, or scrambled eggs for weight loss?

Bear in mind that is only an example, I know very little on the subject of foods.

Does what we eat in the morning have any effect?

Hopefully I am making sense, I am a bit lost for words at the moment. Ask if you need

more information.

Thanks in advance.

===EDIT===

Looks like the eggs are the best option, wish I had read the replies an hour ago.

I had a smoothie and I do not feel satisfied at all.

Thanks again.

What we eat or don't eat in the morning has some effect. Overall, though, it's not about what you eat in a single meal, it's about what you eat on a daily and weekly basis. That being said, a banana smoothie would probably be fairly sugary and not leave you very satisfied. Scrambled eggs have a lot of good fat and protein to keep you full and energized.

Valar Morghulis

Agree with NTU. For weight loss, it's generally best to avoid fruit except occasionally. If you have some eggs with cheese, that will provide you with protein and fat that will keep you satiated longer.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Both of the above are correct, but what you DO in the morning is also important! If you have a physically demanding job or do a huge workout in the morning, I'd recommend eating BOTH and you'll find that you lose fat faster than only one or the other.

If you are maintaining a fairly low-carb/starch diet, you might amaze yourself to find how much food you can eat and still lose fat quickly. For many people starting out, weight loss is slow because they're not eating ENOUGH. Especially around workouts.

Good luck!

One day at a time. No excuses. Battle Log | Current Challenge - Bleep All the Things

Both of the above are correct, but what you DO in the morning is also important! If you have a physically demanding job or do a huge workout in the morning, I'd recommend eating BOTH and you'll find that you lose fat faster than only one or the other.

Ideally, breakfast should be your largest meal of the day, because it gets you going and you have the entire rest of the day to burn it off. Like the old saying goes, "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, supper like a pauper" or something along those lines. The problem with having a smoothie for breakfast is that the sugar in the fruit is going to cause you to be hungry and crave sugar again later on, because your insulin levels are going to be all whack-a-doodle. (That's the scientific term) You really need a high-protein meal for breakfast that can hold you until lunch or later. Protein and fat take longer to digest than carbs, like fruit or grains. A couple eggs, some sausage or bacon and a slice of whole wheat toast is really the best, most well-rounded meal that you can start with. If you have a particularly active job, you can sub your smoothie for the toast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

Archived