Forums are back in action! ×

Careful, you may run out of time!

spatzcat

Seems obvious to me, at least, that it would be stored rather quickly. Otherwise, after a high-fat meal, your triglyceride levels would shoot through the roof.

Just remember, easily stored, easily un-packaged. Those same fat cells gobbelling fats ASAP also release them fairly quickly and often as well.

I could talk for days about the physiology behind it. Just know that, for your average person, it doesn't make a whole heap of difference. It's still calories in and calories out.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

So does this mean the best time to work out is about an hour after a meal? I heard somewhere else (can't remember where, but not NF) that it was better to work out right *before* a meal - that way your body gets all the 'stuff' it needs to build muscle, and you've kind of created an energy deficit so the carbs/fat still get used up. Is that right, or does it not really make a difference?

Also, does that only apply for carido, or do things like strength training and walking count?

Archived