Forums are back in action! ×

Respawning after disability

Hi!

I used to really love body weight training and trying to bulk up, but about 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a brain disorder after my health took a nose dive. Part of it is fatigue, and it's pretty difficult to get buff when you can't even get out of bed (my fiancée actually got me a set of 1-2kg weights to put by the bed to try to help ? ?). I also put on a lot of weight which means I have more to lift. Last time I was on here I was about 5 dress sizes smaller, which I wouldn't mind if there was muscle under it!

I'll never be fully healthy again, and I'll probably always walk with sticks, but you don't need to walk to squat. I've had a health kick recently, so I'm going to try to ease myself back in at like level zero and see what happens. No pressure, only competing with myself yesterday. Plus I've also been diagnosed with PCOS, so hopefully my testosterone levels will mean I bulk up quickly!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Rookie said:

Wow amazing! Loving the attitude. 

I’m not sure if you are interested or not but a  new challenge is just starting up! They are great fun and you can find like minded people.

I caught the tail end of the old challenge actually, I didn't realise the new one had started. I'll make a new challenge post, thanks, probably just keep the same goals though ^_^

• Like 2