Forums are back in action! ×

American Ninja Warrior, Monday on NBC - 9pm, I think

Leimanu

Anyone in the states signing up for next season? I just saw this link in the latest episode at the bottom of the screen. :)

http://www.g4tv.com/anw/ninja-warrior-tryout-info/

Not this year, but I would love to once I've got a little more serious training under my belt. Every round I watch I'm taking mental notes of what its going to take.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

I just saw the latest episode, it had some surprises but overall wasn't exciting. The two hour finale next Monday is going to be awesome though! :D

Looking forward to next week! I thought there were some surprises too, I thought it was fairly exciting, mainly because I was shouting at the guys who were getting too close for comfort with the countdown clock. There was a lot of "You'd better MOVE dude!" in my house last night, hahahaha.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Thank you! I saw this thread and immediately thought "Oh no! I missed it again!.. wait, what day is it?..."

Ah, Monday.

EDIT: I swear, those announcers love the word "askew" for the salmon ladder.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

Stage four is a timed rope climb - something like 80 feet or so and they have to do it UNDER a certain time. Crazy.

Yep, or the top of the rope comes loose and they fall to their doom (until they are stopped by the safety harness the are attached to).

I love that show, so happy someone finally got past the damn Ultimate Cliff Hanger. That stage is just so much grip work, you basically have to train every day going up and down rock climbing walls with just your hands for 10 minutes at a time to get the grip strength to do it. I hope someone finally comes along who nails it.

I was really disappointed in how lightly some of the guys took Stage 2. I feel like if they wouldn't have underestimated the obstacles there should have been 4-5 in stage 3. I'm really looking forward to seeing that guy who plays the japanese drums and had the fastest stage 1 time in the future, dude was awesome.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

EFFING Amazing! Stage 2 with .02sec left, are you kidding me?!?!?!

That was incredible. Do it get any closer?

Stage four is a timed rope climb - something like 80 feet or so and they have to do it UNDER a certain time. Crazy.

Sounds boring. But I can understand after stage 3 what else is there to put out? Those obstacles were wild!

I was really disappointed in how lightly some of the guys took Stage 2. I feel like if they wouldn't have underestimated the obstacles there should have been 4-5 in stage 3. I'm really looking forward to seeing that guy who plays the japanese drums and had the fastest stage 1 time in the future, dude was awesome.

I thought the same thing. Seriously? That barrel was not a cake walk obviously but they jumped into it like it's an unmoving object. After experiencing that rolling bar or the four balls in the regionals and stage 1 you would think they know it's going to be extremely tricky. Also, I thought they are watching the guys in front of them going through stage 2. Didn't anybody see the little bump in the beginning?

The drummer was fun to watch. I hope lots of them come back. There were definitely great stories and I loved the competitor profiles. Very "nerdfitness" what some guys have in their living room and/or backyard :-)

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

Yep, all done.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived