Forums are back in action! ×

A new person enters the tavern…

The door quietly creaks open to reveal a rather unassuming woman framed in the doorway.  Slightly tall and out of shape, her eyes jump around the room as if uncertain as to whether she should walk in or not.

There is a moment of hesitation, and an involuntary glance down at a still fresh scar on her leg.   If someone where to be looking closely, they might notice the slight nod accompanied by a deep breath before her face settles into one of determination.  

Before the door can fully close, she strides forward. 

Hi all!  I wasn’t sure how to start, so there you go.  Let’s see, I should start with a little about myself, I suppose. 

I used to be very athletic up through college, but my health started to take a back burner after I finished. Eventually, it wasn’t even on the stove!  Sure, every so often I would try to get back into it, but I kept being so frustrated with what I had lost that I would give up in disgust. And now, I can barely stand how I look in the mirror. 

But this time will be different. Difficult- yes. Impossible- no. I have always tried to do things on my own, so now I think it’s time for a different tactic.  

Unfortunately, because of the sports I did when I was younger, I did a decent amount of damage to some of my joints. I just had surgery on one of my knees, so there are still quite a few restrictions on what I am capable of.  However, I am ready to start again.  

I hope to get to know the people here and get stronger with my fellow Rebels. 

• Like 2

Hello!

You've come at a good time! We've just finished up one challenge and this is 'zero week' between challenges before the next one starts on Sunday.

It's a really friendly group here, so don't be afraid to pop into the challenge chat thread or into anyone's challenge and say hello.

If you want to start your own challenge, there's a thread with instructions on how to do that over in the challenge section of the forum.

Welcome!