Forums are back in action! ×

One week down, five more to go.....

Right, I've typed my first intro line about five times now so I'm going to jump straight into the nitty gritty rather than try to sound clever... But honest gov, I really do have a GSOH.

In November last year I decided the time was now to give up smoking, clean up my eating, cut back my drinking and get healthy. So I gave up smoking, cleaned up my eating, cut back my drinking and got healthy.

I started by following DVD's (and bought a truck load of the things), mainly got sucked into Jillian Micheals, that woman has made a small fortune out of me, as well as some Beachbody stuff. In March/April time I realised I was spending a fortune on the little shiny discs so did some homework and realised I can do it better myself so began my DIY journey.

Up until last Thursday I was playing about with bodyweight exercises and using Kettlebells, unfortunately I had surgery last Friday and am now under strict instruction, no bodyweight training or kettlebells for six weeks, I was able to go out for my first walk today and hopefully by early/mid next week I'll be able to scoop up my two year old daughter.

The focus over the next five weeks will be to keep my diet cleaner than an OCD clinic (I've lost 2lbs this week by doing just that). And, the great news is that after six weeks off I'll truly feel like a beginner all over again. Which means I get the opportunity to start from scratch again, properly this time.

I've decided to start Convict Conditioning (read that book from cover to cover while I was laid up in hospital) and incorporate Kettelbells into the mix because I just love love love em.

Oh, and for the record, since November I have smoked one cigar (new year) and four cigarettes (one mindless weekend away) as opposed to my previous 10-15 per day, lost 21lbs down to 138lbs this morning, cut back my drinking to roughly 2-4 glasses of wine per week as opposed to 2-4 per evening, and follow a kinda Paleo/Primal diet 80% of the time which means the blokes in my local takeaway are missing me like crazy.

I look forward to chatting muchly, learning lots, sharing nuggets of info I've picked up along the way, joining in some challenges and making my profile look all pretty.

Welcome, Mrs. K! Good job on your progress so far and way to go on quitting smoking! Hope you recover quickly and I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Make sure you check out the chat room if you ever need someone to chat with! Don't be afraid to ask questions and good luck!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Awww, thanks for the welcome guys.....

Still trying to keep positive about the whole six week break thing but beginning to feel like a slug, was running stuff by a nurse today who even said that hill walking was out of the question for now... Doh! 4.5 weeks to go and oh boy I am counting the days.

I have been known to compare myself to a slug in the past before as well, but it's only one letter from 'slog' which I am taking to mean that all we have to do is work hard and stay patient and determined, and even a slug will get there in the end!

I love that, Ocelot ^

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Archived