Forums are back in action! ×

Work Harder, Do Better

Hey all,

My name is Tyler, but everyone calls me Tug or Tugboat. The legend of my nickname is a lengthy one best saved for a rainy day. I am 23 year old recent college graduate as a civil engineer. I work for the gov't as a project engineer. This involves a lot of desk jockey work.

I was a high school football lineman and taking that to college lead me to weighing in at 315. My junior year of college I decided to join the Navy as an officer, but I was too "fat". I lost over 75 pounds in the next year and was able to pass MEPS (medical exam for you civilians). Currently I am a selectee but not officially in yet. FY13 is looking promising for me to go to OCS though.

I have lots of experience in getting big muscles gains which now a days I'm against. I prefer to do body weight lifts or HIIT if I do go to a gym. I hate running yet I do it anyway.

I love this site as I get to be a nerd and look awesome doing it. I'm sure all the advice, challenges, and general chatter will continue to keep me encouraged as I reach my ultimate goals in life.

75lbs is no joke. Sounds like you're something of a battler already. I love running, honestly, but I have no suggestions for how to enjoy it more - my favourite thing is being able to see myself get faster and that feeling when I have the wind in my heels and feel like I could keep going forever... but I guess if you don't like it you don't like it, so I'd try something else if I were you, if you have to be able to run a certain pace, just do the odd sprint and concentrate on strength and more preferable forms of cardio. Also don't necessarily listen to be - I'm a noob too, and a somewhat clueless one I'm afraid. But anyway, hello and welcome!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Archived