Forums are back in action! ×

Another reintroduction, another attempt at engagement

Hey all, it's been a while.  I think my last serious attempt was back in 2019.  Weight loss journey has been a mixed bag since then.  Bad news first: I think I was tipping the scales at close to 300lbs and my wake-up call was me putting my foot, literally, through the bottom of our bathtub.  Now, we eventually found out that there was a defect in the construction, but that didn't change the fact that the 300lbs guy broke the bathtub and not the 110lbs wife.  The good news: that incident spurred me into action.  I got a step tracker, started logging food, spent a little less time on video games, AND (this is probably the biggest contributing factor) started eating KETO.  I think the whole combination of things - shame, diet, exercise - worked well for a while and I ended up losing quite a few pounds and a couple inches off the beltline.  At my lowest, I was down to 235lbs and size 38 waist, which are measurements not seen in a decade at that point.

Anywho, a few months later (a year or two, maybe?) the whole world gets turned upside-down.  Pandemic hits and my stress levels shoot through the roof (I have lots of kids and elderly parents).  All the political nonsense and mudslinging is pitting family members against one another.  The side of my house nearly falls off due to some shoddy workmanship from a few years ago.  Car broken.  Car broken, again.  Kids are getting older, dating!  Got graduations on the horizon.  Driver's permits and licenses, yikes!  Long time friends are moving away, followed by some of our close family.  Just... everything is stressful and sucky.  So, I fall off KETO and start attempting low carb w/ exercise, but I'm not checking my milestone boxes and hitting my goals.  I've regained 15lbs and I'm 4 years older.

I really want to get back into a healthier lifestyle.  KETO was ideal, but I've been struggling.  I think there's a lack of excitement and community engagement this time around.  I've tried joining a couple social media KETO groups, with little success.  I resurrected an old Facebook account to see if there were and groups out there, but the few I've tried aren't really working out.  And the Reddit group is just... mean.  I was berated and censored (posts removed/locked) when I asked for help on more than one occasion (they want to have positive-only messages on their board).  Sooooo... I'm back at NF after a few years absence.  As always, maybe this time around thing'll be different!  Wish me luck.

• Like 3