Forums are back in action! ×

Is anybody playing Diablo III

scotticus

The game is six kinds of awesome. The servers are not. Even if you're playing single-player you have to go online to do it, and the servers are having all kinds of difficulty handling the traffic. Last night I got churned halfway through a very large area. You can imagine how pleased I was with Blizzard.

I've been playing it pretty obsessively, but I'm hoping someone comes out with a patch soon that will let you play it on your own computer. If it weren't for having to deal with the servers, I'd recommend the game wholeheartedly.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

I've been playing. I played using a guest pass at first to test my laptop's ability to run the game. Bought the full version yesterday. I haven't had too many server issues, a bit of lag though.

I played some multiplayer with my brother, the enemies get tougher, though its not too bad and teaming up works well if you have a ranged character and a close combat character. Haven't tried with more than one person yet. Also, you don't need to worry about missing out on loot, what pick ups you see are for you only.

I can't remember my battle tag yet, but I'll post it tonight. Be cool to get an NF crew and go smashing.

I've been eyeing it...The boyfriend has been playing nonstop, and I've been sitting behind him thinking about doing the same.....I'd like to hear more if ya'll decide to play to see if its worth the time/money...But who am I kidding, I work in the schools and don't have to be back until August

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bought it

found out video card was lame

waiting for new, epic video card to arrive

will probably be up to my elbows in it 'fore long

i've heard from a buddy who says the servers are terrible...but, going back 7.5yrs, when Warcrack came out, the servers were down more than they were available...so, i'm sure blizz will figure it out and things will smooth out shortly

note: this is not an endorsement of blizz...they can eat poo...just sayin'

Is anyone (besides me) NOT playing D3? :( Waaaaah I want to plaaay

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

I want to play, but I'm pretty sure my computer would weep uncontrollably if I tried. Starcraft II made it cry the few times I tried running it. I'm going to have to just break down and buy a new one I suppose.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Our house has been eating lots of time and money lately, so video games aren't in the budget right now. Definitely adding to my birthday wishlist though. NF recommendations = green light!

Is anyone (besides me) NOT playing D3? :( Waaaaah I want to plaaay

Yes. Me :(

I never really got into Diablo. I'm more of an Elder Scrolls kind-of-guy.

I've heard very good things about www.dayzmod.com, though it's still in a (shaky) alpha. Thinking about picking up ArmA to try it out, but $30 may be a little much right now.

I still have a pile of games in Steam that I haven't played yet. Should probably work on those before I buy any new games.

I recently got into Minecraft too. Now I have no life.

I never really got into Diablo. I'm more of an Elder Scrolls kind-of-guy.

I've heard very good things about www.dayzmod.com, though it's still in a (shaky) alpha. Thinking about picking up ArmA to try it out, but $30 may be a little much right now.

I still have a pile of games in Steam that I haven't played yet. Should probably work on those before I buy any new games.

I recently got into Minecraft too. Now I have no life.

Yup, minecraft is a deadly one. I host a server (almost) 24/7 if you wanna play using the Tekkit modpack. PM me for details (offer extends to anyone) only issue is we use hamachi for connecting, so its required.

</thread jack>

is D3 still the super clicky mouse killer that the older versions were?

(that part drove me Nuts in the older games)

From the 10 minutes of the demo I played, yes. Others may have different opinions though.

I can imagine it being much more fun in co-op, but I also think other games would be even more fun in co-op.

Archived