Forums are back in action! ×

For my Daughter, for my Life

I was a fat slob. Not that long ago, I was a fat, lazy slob. But no more. I am a warrior, and I WILL change my life. The difference now... I have a plan, and I have good motivation.

11 months ago I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, Bethany. I knew that I was unheathly, and I knew I wanted to change for her, but it seemed SO DAUNTING! That same day my husband's aunt had her leg amputated in the same hospital. The result of diabetes. 10 months later, and I was still rolling in my excuses, "I don't have time." "I just had a baby." (Really, 10 months is not "just" anymore Meg...) "I got time." Then I got news. I am pre-diabetic. Then our aunt had part of her remaining foot removed. I was visiting her, holding my baby girl, and it all clicked. I want Bethany's life to be EPIC, and for that she needs a mama who is there! So I started.

I'm only two weeks in, but this is just the beginning. I will change, I will be an awesome mom. I will be THERE for her.

I am a warrior.

Welcome and good luck! It sounds like you've got everything you need to motivate you to change, but remember, it's for YOU too. Two weeks is a great start, keep it up!

Thanks! It is for ME too, and I already feel it.

Two weeks in and the changes I have made:

1. I have cut out all processed food. No more junk food.

2. I am making all our food out of whole, wholesome foods.

3. I have walked two miles everyday after dinner, and this morning I did my first body weight circut!

Goals for the next week:

1. Do a body weight circut before work on Tuesday and Thursday

2. Sign up for a 5K to encourage me to get my running legs back

3. Take Bethany on walks everyday. Either before or after dinner.

So grateful for the rebellion, and so glad to be a part of it.

Another Rebel from the Pacific Northwest! Welcome to the Rebellion!

Two weeks in and the changes I have made:

1. I have cut out all processed food. No more junk food.

2. I am making all our food out of whole, wholesome foods.

3. I have walked two miles everyday after dinner, and this morning I did my first body weight circut!

Goals for the next week:

1. Do a body weight circut before work on Tuesday and Thursday

2. Sign up for a 5K to encourage me to get my running legs back

3. Take Bethany on walks everyday. Either before or after dinner.

So grateful for the rebellion, and so glad to be a part of it.

Looks like you got a good handle on what you want to do, keep it up! Being strong for your kids is a great motivator. Just wait, that pre-diabetic phase will get its butt kicked before long!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Archived