Forums are back in action! ×

7 Years Later...

Not sure anyone around here will remember me. Here's my most recent log: Log

image.png.e5f2f6d7cd8840538550694dc59cb040.png

I just skimmed through that old log. It was fun to see me just starting my business. I've kept with it and last year did over $80k (CAD) in revenue. I'm still working full time at the Frito Lay plant making Doritos, Tostitos, Popcorn and Cheetos weekend nights. Father of 3 (4m, 7f, 10f). Between the Chip factory and my business I work every day doing the equivalent of 2 full time jobs. In a lot of ways I wish I could quit Frito Lay. After expenses and taxes, the business just doesn't pull in enough to support my family. While I work both of these jobs I've started investing and we're in a much better financial place than we've even been in before. But I'm tired. 

OK, you're caught up on my life. So, what am I doing back here? It's been 7 years. 

I always TRY to be fit. Since I last posted, I spent some time going to a chain gym and really enjoyed it. Fit4Less had pretty much everything I needed and at a price that I could stomach. I'd spin, walk and use the weights. I was going after dropping the kids off at school (not a euphemism!) and had a good routine. Then Covid happened. Gyms closed. I didn't give up. My wife and I decided to buy a Treadmill. I also bought myself some PowerBlock dumbbells since the random assortment I had didn't cut it after having access to a full set at the gym. Life went on, but it was much easier to come home and get straight to work on business stuff, or just sit down and chill while telling myself I'd go do my workout after this video is over...

So ya, I've had some periods when I was on point with my fitness. I took up running for a while. Completed a Couch25K program and found that I actually like running. I tried intermittent fasting and lost some thing like 30 lbs.

And I've gained it all back. I struggle with the ALL or NOTHING thing. When I start missing workouts or eating poorly I tend to throw it all out. I need to find my pressure guage.

My current workout plan is:

Short PPL workouts TWT followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill while watching Star Trek.

That's it. My PPL workouts take about 10-15 minutes.

I haven't done it in months.

I got a second treadmill a few weeks ago. I love the idea of walking while I work and I've set up a makeshift desk on our existing treadmill a few times but when it's that much work to set up... I just don't do it. So I got an underdesk treadmill and I love it. Anytime I'm doing remote work for a client, or setting up appointments on the phone or anything in front of the computer in my home office, I'm walking. Eventually I'd like to spend more leisure time on it too - gaming, watching TV, etc but that's hasn't happened yet.