Forums are back in action! ×

I have a mild concussion

drayz

So on Friday the back of my head met the end of a barbell. The result? Mild concussion. Also no workouts, not even gentle walks until my headache is gone for one week. I am looking for suggestions of things to do with the extra energy that I can't burn in the gym. I am currently ready Clash of the Kings by George R.R. Martin and spent this evening leveling in Call of Duty. I already briefly drown my sorrows with a cup of cocoa. I am open to suggestions that require no physical activity in hopes that my mind grows and I don't lose track of my goals and progress.

Level 1 Dwarf Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2.5 DEX 1 STA 2 CON 2.5 WIS 4 CHA 2

"Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry" Jack Kerouac

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18187-Drayz-First-Fall-Challenge

If you finish A Clash Of Kings, start reading A Storm Of Swords. I just finished it and this was my face for the whole second half:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls92npsoSF1qgfpb8.gif

Reading the second half I stayed up till 4:30am one night then read the last few chapters first thing the next morning. Miiight not wanna do that in your case.

For other things to do, if there's something you want to learn to do, start researching it/learning to do it, or start planning a (dream) vacation. Cooking fancy meals can take up a bunch of time too. If you get desperate, there's always flash games and Reddit :)

I'd pay attention to diet and not drown the sorrow with cocoa *too* much. :P Besides that, yesssssssss storm of swordsssssssssss

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Sword of Storms in on the list for the weekend. I am heading to see the CrossFit regional games over the weekend and will keep company with Mr. Martin instead my intended hiking etc..

I am up for new recipe ideas if anyone wants to share their favorite paleo/primal recipes.

Level 1 Dwarf Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18187-Drayz-First-Fall-Challenge

As one of the ancient crew around here I have no clue what kind of video games you should play but I will say I have had a concussion before and you need to seriously listen to what the dr. says and take good care of yourself. Drink lots of water, keep any stimulants to a minimum and get rest. Best of luck with feeling better.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Ouch!

Take this as a sign to take some rest and relaxation. Our bodies need this and it could be totally beneficial to your fitness! The Game of Thrones books are awesome and you'll enjoy them a lot. Maybe also use the time to sort out your filing cabinet or something else you've had on the to-do list forever.

Get better soon :)

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments. My brain bucket is doing much better. I haven't had a headache in a couple days.

The crossfit games regionals was awesome. I am so motivated.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Level 1 Dwarf Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived