Forums are back in action! ×

NightWatcher13 - Roots have finally set

The last year has been a WILD ride, but mostly a good one. I'll throw most of the last year updates in a spoiler, TL/DR life is going great, now time to start shifting focus back towards health goals, but life wins/updates in the spoiler:

Spoiler

- Work: I got my breaker training, boy howdy that was 6 months of a mental boot camp - but now I can run any of the lab positions needed (out of 6 total labs) and have a primarily day shift schedule, when we can get them to keep to my basic schedule lol.

- Debt: I managed to pay off all of my higher interest debt and and an well into my student loans with the method of budgeting I was using last year, hopefully I'll have the student loans paid off either this year or early next year.

- Mom is entirely back to normal from her injury

- I've been working with a therapist for about a year now, she's been so helpful for working through a lot of the issues I was having with my mental health.

- Reading - this has been more of a challenge, we were going to do a (PAPER) book a month this year and well... I'm on book 3 in May ?in fairness, I did also pick The Eye of the World from Wheel of Time as book 3, so I should have known I would need more time.  Currently in the third book of the Stormlight Archives for audiobooks.

- Relationship has been going well, it's been an incredible year with an awesome person ❤️ He got me into his favorite book series, I've gotten him into biking with me ? His is the blue bike 

- I have a garden this year!!! I splurged on some patio furniture and plants this spring, and it's turned the unused space behind my apartment into a cozy little garden nook.

PXL_20240524_001449020.thumb.jpg.f4cb7e497c40353abc8770a898bbdc65.jpgPXL_20240521_225929913.thumb.jpg.7e15ba4c73c764d2d34548ce442b4cee.jpgPXL_20240524_001454180.thumb.jpg.e2b027833f406c50180f3ad274151821.jpgPXL_20240520_225841438.RESTORED2.jpg.97b407227c0b4f07422d56ae9e7fb589.jpgPXL_20240524_001445289.thumb.jpg.dd6aceb81e22af88639efd01d6abb42e.jpg

Health wise: some wins

- I've developed a bike commute path to and from work, and pretty much if the weather allows me to I ride in rather than drive (e-bike because there are a couple of hills I would not be able to do without the assistance right now)

- We did do a full month of daily yoga... in January ? I definitely need to get into a sustainable rhythm with that, I did feel pretty good after that month

- I'm getting better about meal prep most weeks (thank you Mealime)

I have a lot of things I need to work on, I'm having some joint pain/mobility issues that I want to address and I went back up to my original base weight, so my goals going forward are going to be focused primarily in that direction, since I've managed to address most of the other things I was dealing with at this point. I'll probably jump back into the actual challenges in June and try to get back into the flow with those - I should also try to get my boyfriend on here for an IRL acountabilibuddy.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

Welcome back!  Looks like you have had a lot of wins while you've been away.  On the books- you know you don't have to pick the longest books, right?!?? I loved the  Stormlight Archives, but I'm sort of ready for them to just conclude, so  I may not make it through the whole series

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back!  Looks like you have had a lot of wins while you've been away.  On the books- you know you don't have to pick the longest books, right?!?? I loved the  Stormlight Archives, but I'm sort of ready for them to just conclude, so  I may not make it through the whole series

lol I did pick a couple of shorter ones, just uh... also picked a beast in the mix ? I'm definitely enjoying the Stormlight Archives, but they're loooong. We have a vacation coming up next week that's a 10 hr drive away, so hopefully I'll chew through some of that on the drive, then hopefully back to Eye of the World while we're actually on vacation.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Developing Roots