Forums are back in action! ×

Student loan issues

Morrigainz

Has anyone experienced issues with strange amounts of interest accruing on their accounts? I made a payment on Jan 1 that was equal to the amount the site (myedaccount.com) said was accrued interest - a few hundred dollars.

The next time I logged in, I had accrued interest of over $7000. How did this happen? I have no idea, but I have had NO luck contacting the service center. I've called them a number of times, and they keep telling me it will be a week to 10 days, and nothing happens. No correspondence from them. I even spoke with a supervisor the last two times I called. This morning I contacted the ombudsman but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced mysterious interest charges.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Mysterious interest charges are just a way of creditors saying "thanks for being our customer! Here's a stick up the ass!"

No, but really, good luck with that. You'll have more luck asking a guy to donate his left nut than getting useful information out of any institution whose job is to give you money and then ask for more later.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Are your loans private or through the government? Wondering if it's something I'll experience soon...

The myedaccount.com address he referenced means they're Federal loans (I'm 99% sure at least). I have not had such a problem.

I haven't had this issue, but if you beat down enough doors, this problem will get resolved.

Have your payment amounts changed? If not, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would stop being nice though, it's time to be direct in firm in a creepily calm voice.

Calvin, they are federal. Anivair, I am still in school - I was paying ahead to avoid capitalization of the interest and to just in general get used to making payments.

The ombudsman told me they would get back with me in 7-10 days and I just got a phone call this afternoon saying they were beginning their investigation. If only the loan people had such a fast and awesome response time!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Archived