10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Today On track for the 80 0z, I'm at 70 oz, and I will have some tea before bed

Catching up in the morning without paying attention to posting times had me wondering how the heck you had 70oz in already.

Water Douse GIF

• Haha 5

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

7 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Catching up in the morning without paying attention to posting times had me wondering how the heck you had 70oz in already.

You're not alone in that. 

• Like 2

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Water Douse GIF

12 hours ago, Whisper said:

You're not alone in that. 

? I guess I should say the actual day I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Slept lousy last night (TUESDAY night?)  woke up hot and couldn't get back to sleep  forever. Then, I did get to sleep and woke up with a stiff neck. Stretched some and it felt a bit better. Had friends over for prayer. Then did my workout. First things was a dumbbell deadlift,and  I tweaked my back a bit. I did the rest of the workout very light, about 5 RPE, to not aggravate the neck or back.   It's Wednesday evening, and both feel a bit sore. Hoping tomorrow is better for that.9:

DId great with getting started this morning.Water - we shall see- I'm close. It's 8:00, and I have about 12 ounces to go.  8 of that in tea. I try to finish my  9:00, to limit bathroom pee time at night

• Like 7

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

19 hours ago, Radost said:

How's it going today? Hope you had a better night's rest yesterday!

The only down side of  participating in the adventure PVP is I forget to post here. Yes, thanks, I've slept well the rest of the week.

My back has been a little sore, but improving. Been drinking the water, getting a good start on my mornings, workouts done ( lighter due to back soreness)

• Like 5

Godzilla was having fun throwing cars,  buses, and even a train. Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible needed to once again save their city.  They had spent their free time building the water canon of destruction, and were able to fire  a large volley of water, with the force of  a tornado directly at Godzilla. Elastigirl  surprised him by  wrapping  his arms in  telephone wire. However, Godzilla was able to quickly get loose, and shake off the water. This would not be an easy fight. The Incredibles would have to stay in the fight for the long haul. The damage wasn't done in the first blow,  beating Godzilla meant they had to keep hitting him.

Drank 80 ounces of water for 5 days= 250  + 50 bonus hit points= 300 

Good start on the morning 4 days = 250 points

tracking 1 day -= no hit points/no damage

WEEK 1 TOTAL 550

A good  week. First week is fairly easy though. I've got the challenge hype.It's staying in the game for 5 weeks.

Edit: I I updated my final challenge, because I had done it wrong before.

• Like 8

Woke up  aand got out of bed this morning, and our house was cold. This was the first night since spring where the temperatures had dropped below 50. And apparently, sometime this summer, our heater's thermostat automatic timer had reset to a weird time. So,  even though the house was cold, the heat hadn't turned on, because it thought it was 3 am. Fixed that.  I was a bit reluctant to get going this morning, but I did make it. I was past my goal time, but still in my grace period time. Pretty proud of that win. It was the first fallish morning, with grey skies, and a cold house.  Later on in the day, the sun came out and it was a lovely fall day.

Today was apple picking day. In the spring, we put panty hose footing on them to keep out apple maggots(yuck) so picking apples means not just picking the apples , but taking their socks off! It worked pretty well, with about 3/4 of our apples being worm free, Had a couple of conversations with neighbors, who were walking by, and wondering what I was doing.  The apples are big, and look gorgeous! I didn't get as many steps in , but I am tired.

• Like 11

I don't know how much an ounce is, so as far as I'm concerned you're having either a lot of water or not much water or a medium amount of water. One of the three. Yay for apples! Proof that everyone needs cosy socks.

• Haha 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 9/17/2024 at 4:38 AM, Harriet said:

I don't know how much an ounce is, so as far as I'm concerned you're having either a lot of water or not much water or a medium amount of water. One of the three. Yay for apples! Proof that everyone needs cosy socks.

It's a lot of water . And  yes, everyone needs cozy socks.?

On 9/17/2024 at 6:53 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Yay for apples! Our tree is a later variety, but they are looking really good up on the branches and I'm getting really antsy to do some picking. Maybe next weekend.

Our tree is a bit earlier.

On 9/17/2024 at 6:20 PM, Everstorm said:

How cool to have your own apple trees!

It's actually just one tree, but still very cool. And an amazing amount of apples from one small dwarf tree.

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yummm enjoy the apples!

We are!

• Like 3

Made my water goal yesterday, but not the morning start goal. I wasn't too far off.

The water goal is getting harder. I want to try for the entire challenge. Just so I can really tell if it helps anything vs my method of not tracking, or tracking but not quite as much. So far I have not developed super powers, so I am getting a bit tired of having to pee all the time, without the benefit of actually being able to turn myself into a parachute. My skin does seem to look less wrinkly, which may be it's own superpower, since people pay a lot of money for skin creams to try and diminish wrinkles.

Workout happened today. A short walk happened. I'm going to go on another short walk now (it's evening here) I'm walking solo, as Mr. Incredible is picking the apples I was too short to reach.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Made my water goal yesterday, but not the morning start goal. I wasn't too far off.

The water goal is getting harder. I want to try for the entire challenge. Just so I can really tell if it helps anything vs my method of not tracking, or tracking but not quite as much. So far I have not developed super powers, so I am getting a bit tired of having to pee all the time, without the benefit of actually being able to turn myself into a parachute.

What benefits are you hoping for from drinking a lot of water?

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

What benefits are you hoping for from drinking a lot of water?

Besides the super powers?? My goal for water is half my weight , plus about  a glass of water to account for my activity levels.  A lot of people recommend this for health reasons. So partly, I am just doing it to see what difference, if any it makes. One area I'm hoping to see  is  less stiffness in my joints.  I had my 59th(!) birthday this summer, and I'm starting to feel the stiffness when I get up after sitting, and other times. So, I was seeing if that helped.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Apple -picking is a workout!  I loved learning about the socks! That is so clever!

A friend of mine at church does it, and she has had success.

• Like 1

Today was a good day. Had a friend who is visiting come for lunch, then we went for a walk with another friend. It was a very pleasant walk, weather was gorgeous, and it was fun to chat and catch up with friends.

• Like 6

I  changed the scoring on my challenge goals. Which is my third edit.?  I had listed tracking food as a bonus way to earn back points that I had lost, but they were so  low, that it didn't help me defeat Godzilla.  And I also gave myself more of a bonus goal for 5 days hitting the target.

godzilla GIF

• Like 8

THe  Incredibles were hanging in the fight with Godzilla. At first, the strength was waning, but they hung in the fight and were able to get some good hits to Godzilla.

Water canon of destruction: 4 days=250 points

The surprise element:starting my day on schedule 4 days - 250

No bonus total for  this week 500

Week 1  550

two week = 1.050

I have not made a goal tracker sheet, so I am relying on memory. Obviously, not ideal. After I finish this I will fix that.

This week was harder than first week(no surprise) I did adjust my scoring. If I track food more than 1 day a week, I can earn a bonus, which will help if I struggle with my other goals. I like having the big stretch goal. I'm not a fan of how I set up my goals to not get any points unless I had reached my goal at lest 4 days.I wish I had given myself some points for 3 day of success on my goals.   I wanted it to be tough, and I also wanted to experiment with the idea if having that high a standard would cause me to really reach high, or to just give up.  But then it's tough if one day is off schedule due to life, then I don't have any room for error the other days. Just plotting out how to adjust for next challenge.

Also, because it's my challenge, and I write the rules, I give myself leewya on Thursday. I was having friends come over for lunch. and then someone was sick, and then 100 text messages trying to decide if we wanted to switch plans. Which resulted in me starting the day later than my goal time. But, since I didn't dawdle or scroll media, but got going right away, I counted it as a success.

Weekend happenings:

Did a sprint workout on my rower. Helped hubby with the big garden task I was having him do. Then Sunday after church, we went to the botanical garden with friends

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I wanted it to be tough, and I also wanted to experiment with the idea if having that high a standard would cause me to really reach high, or to just give up.  But then it's tough if one day is off schedule due to life, then I don't have any room for error the other days. Just plotting out how to adjust for next challenge.

Also, because it's my challenge, and I write the rules, I give myself leewya on Thursday.

Yay for finding ways to adjust!! :D   Godzilla is going down!

Sleepy Trip GIF by Percolate Galactic

• Like 5

STR   DEX   STA   CON   INT   WIS   CHA

2           0          4         2            0         1         0

Workin' my 'Puff into 'Tuff!