7 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Great loot!! ? So glad you had a good time

Thanks it was super. Definitely feeling less cabin fevery now. 
thought the boots where a great villain addition to my wardrobe. 
trying to find more edgy clothing is proving challenging down here. Need some awesome waist belts and things

• Like 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

57 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I personally rewatch the three New Zealand landscape epics every couple of years

I watched doc martin to death when i was at uni. It is not the best sit com but i was there mostly for the fact its filmed in cornwall

• Like 1

IMG_20240918_144157_097.thumb.jpeg.9f8181b0de09780ca45e875d144882c4.jpeg

IMG_20240918_144136_605.thumb.jpeg.fe6471334c3cf41a72ccd9eea5e1099f.jpeg

a few nice autumnal pics i snapped yesterday. Leaves are starting to pile up anywhere the wind doesnt get to them first. Crunching through leaves is one of my favourite autumn things, but the blustery weather usually tidies them away in many places down here sadly. 

had a look through the “one line a day” book i bought yesterday. Apparently it is some sort of comparative 4 year journal thing, where the intention is to “write the important events of your life and compare” or something.

am i going to use it for its intended purpose?

not in the slightest ?

it is incredibly pretty and very tactile though with a cork cover and gold edges to the pages, so i thought it might be nice for a gratitude diary. I have been intermitedly putting them in my weeklies, but they get lost, so ive been considering making them their own page as i feel they would have more impact on mass. Giving them their own book also seems like a nice idea, as i will have them all together even when i change bujos

• Like 7

Went to mounts bay beach today. Got some lunch and sat on the beach with my sketch book whilst everyone went for a walk. 
IMG_2241.thumb.jpeg.e0c0dbcbf8791ff190c8ccd7db663baa.jpeg

trying a different type of sketching with the pencils and fine liners. More descriptional than photographic.

needs more work, but it was cloudless and intensely sunny.  wind kept it bearable but after a while i just had to go find some shade. 
sadly i forgot to take a picture, but its one of the most photographed spots in the uk so if you havent seen it yet. Google will spit out 10x10to the power of infinity images. 

i have been craving sweet potato fires so much. Must come here for lunch more often, they do amazing ones. 

Spoiler

IMG_20240917_113405_571.thumb.jpeg.ac17e90843b6f0ea74078b7435e30e86.jpegIMG_20240917_113529_592.thumb.jpeg.64824135dd7527a61d075fc32769287c.jpegIMG_20240917_113123_695.thumb.jpeg.da9b894e8627c29b0643c40179db1c17.jpegIMG_20240917_113453_461.thumb.jpeg.8142dbdc446759516dba64db84a926d8.jpeg

this was the hoard of jelly fish on the beach. Mostly mauve stingers but also one crystal jelly.

IMG_20240918_191307_477.thumb.jpeg.321ade15dab1bb89f3fa8d53db4e141e.jpegIMG_20240918_200846_072.thumb.jpeg.05d19158407836296ead23db010201fe.jpeg

sunset and the super harvest moon rise

IMG_20240918_192628_206.thumb.jpeg.4ce0858393e456ccf312e723c2e59b0e.jpeg

the cherry tree has lost so many leaves on the windward side. They all seemed to have gone all at once. 

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

9 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Apparently it is some sort of comparative 4 year journal thing, where the intention is to “write the important events of your life and compare” or something.

I decided to try something like this after hearing from a friend how nice it was as she started the second year, comparing what was on her mind and in her life in the same season. I went for a paragraph per week, though. 

I like your idea of using it for gratitude journaling!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Radost said:

I like your idea of using it for gratitude journaling

It is going nicely so far. Only downside, lines are quite close together and i have big handwriting. 
Doing a paragraph every day isnt something i thiink i would be for me, but it sounds cool.

im more a get lost in thought and write half a page of rambling stream of consciousness kind of person

• Like 3

Oh wow, that's a lot of jellies. I like your sketch, the loose style works well. 

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

43 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oh wow, that's a lot of jellies. I like your sketch, the loose style works well. 

Thanks, i was really pleased with it.

yeah, the number of jellies was insane, the entire beach was coated in them. Much more than photographed, becuase sadly they didnt show up from a certain distance on my camera. Never seen anything like it.

• Like 3

On 9/19/2024 at 11:26 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Went to mounts bay beach today. Got some lunch and sat on the beach with my sketch book whilst everyone went for a walk. 
IMG_2241.thumb.jpeg.e0c0dbcbf8791ff190c8ccd7db663baa.jpeg

I adore this sketch!! That hill seems so lonesome.

i have been craving sweet potato fires so much. Must come here for lunch more often, they do amazing ones. 

Correct StS is correct, sweet potato fries are life. A place here does a curry yogurt dipping sauce that's so good with them too.

Hide contents

IMG_20240917_113405_571.thumb.jpeg.ac17e90843b6f0ea74078b7435e30e86.jpeg

this was the hoard of jelly fish on the beach. Mostly mauve stingers but also one crystal jelly.

I thought for a moment that someone had scattered polished and uncut gems on the beach. Amazing.

IMG_20240918_192628_206.thumb.jpeg.4ce0858393e456ccf312e723c2e59b0e.jpeg

I kinda want you to frame that last composition. 

• Like 3

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

50 minutes ago, Laghail said:

adore this sketch!! That hill seems so lonesome

Its actually an island. (Excuse photo i pilfered from the interwebs).

i need to try and do more with the water. Water is hard to draw and i hadnt got to attempting that bit yet ?

IMG_2260.webp.8cc97b7906e0f6e269c75ffd744c2815.webp

A place here does a curry yogurt dipping sauce that's so good with them too.

Cant imagine what that would be like, but it sounds interesting. Curry sauce with chips is a classic chip shop combo in the uk, but ive never had it

I thought for a moment that someone had scattered polished and uncut gems on the beach. Amazing

It did a look a bit like that when the light hit them. 

kinda want you to frame that last composition. 

Not going to lie, that last shot was one of those magic photos that happen occasionally and completely serendipitously. Didn't even realise it looked so nice until i got home and too it off the phone. 

kind of want to frame it too tbh. Sadly as its phone photo it isnt a very big image file so im not sure how it would print. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Curry sauce with chips is a classic chip shop combo in the uk, but ive never had it

If currywurst mit pommes is anything to go by, you're not missing much. 

• Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

we are having the most immense storm here at the moment. Defiantly opening storm season with a bang this year. Lots of lightning and incredibly heavy rain. We have had to have the lights on all morning because it was so dark. 

Just realised I've kind of let most of my goals slip a bit …oops?

Sadness Smile GIF by Molang

having guests over has completely thrown everything out of whack too vis a vis trying to not inhale treats ? it is difficult to say no when we all go for ice cream.

so. Trying to get back on track a bit. Put some stuff in the rehoming box (which felt good as it was stuff i wanted shot of but the family was of the opinion i should keep. I am taking the villain option and just slinging it in the box, guilt free)

am going to try and get the clear the tbr book shelf back online. Have made a small pile i want to read through next. I struggle to tandem read things (my brain does not work this way) so that is clearly a dead end option (but i tried it, so now i know).
just finished Phantasma (amazing book btw, highly recommend) so i am going to to pick a soft back to dig into next. 

using the book as as daily gratitudes has been nice. Is quick, feels positive and also less of an afterthought when it’s in its own book. Haven't done the first journal entry yet. Suspect I'm kind of putting it off slightly (chief procrastinator here). 

• Like 6

Much weathery today again. Wet and chilly that turned rainy and muggy. Possibly my least favourite weather combo. Your choices are being damp and cold or being dry but sweltering under a coat. Neither is great. (I chose damp and cold, so am now freezing) 

went for a pootle round a small town and then a walk on a local beach with a side of sea glass hunting. 

Mental note to self, next time you walk into a cafe and there isnt a menu on display and they also fail to offer you one. Just ask. Do not randomly pick sugary crud because that is all you can see. There are always other options. Even if those options are go elsewhere. 

bonus photo. My new mug which i love. So cheerful

IMG_2274.thumb.jpeg.06b5796d253be143ae6ac023a2a15b43.jpeg

wardrobe mixup progress. Wore some of my jewellery today. I love the stuff but have got out of the habit of wearing it, so put in a pair of bird shaped earrings today for a change. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Its actually an island. (Excuse photo i pilfered from the interwebs).

i need to try and do more with the water. Water is hard to draw and i hadnt got to attempting that bit yet ?

Idunno your sketch caught it really well. I kinda like the effect of the water has from your linework.

1 hour ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Not going to lie, that last shot was one of those magic photos that happen occasionally and completely serendipitously. Didn't even realise it looked so nice until i got home and too it off the phone. 

kind of want to frame it too tbh. Sadly as its phone photo it isnt a very big image file so im not sure how it would print. 

Shutterfly or vistaprints could get you there!

34 minutes ago, Harriet said:

If currywurst mit pommes is anything to go by, you're not missing much. 

I like you more than at least six of my siblings, but you're so so incorrect. But tbf, currywurst is a rare treat here and I'm sure the novelty goes into why I like it so much. Meanwhile I find my local street food, like a Chicago dog or walking tacos, are just meh.  

• Like 2

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

3 hours ago, Everstorm said:

What a cheerful mug!

It is purfect for rainy days

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

Idunno your sketch caught it really well. I kinda like the effect of the water has from your linework.

Thanks. Need to remember to use a few different pencils. Keep forgetting i packed some soft B’s and using the H only

Got a lot in today. 
was stuck in a random and surpiringly long traffic jam in the middle of nowhere that may have been a double decker bus and a cement lorry getting jammed against each other on a tiny road (yay, cornwall)

went into town with my cousin and poked round the shops. I dont usually go in on a monday, so was surprised by how many things dont open on a monday here. 
but had the best book haul. Got a gorgeous hardback copy of empire of the vampire for £1 (which is like new and may even be a special edition or something as it had illustrations ?)and an unread copy of what lies beyond the veil, which i have been wanting to read for ages. Also clan of the cave bear, which i have been hunting for second hand for ages. 
Bonus find was a tiny guiro frog, which is adorable. 

IMG_2280.thumb.jpeg.2af36be96783c78494ded9a684ee01a2.jpeg

and then jammed some swimming in and ran into some of my swimming group, so got to say hi to everyone i haven't seen in ages (because of my arm and then my ankle.) which was lovely. 

gratitude journaling is going well. Is a nice manageable thing to do before turning in. Going to have a go at the journaling once my cousin has gone back home and normal service resumes reasonably. Right now i dont feel like i have the headspace for it at the end of the day. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Radost said:

have such mixed feelings about Clan of the Cave Bear. The violence is so gross but the “woman versus environment” aspect is epic and I remember really enjoying the relationships between women too. 

welp, im going to find out. I literally know zip about it, other than many people in my fantasy book group keep recommending it. I paid 40p for it, so if i hate it i doesn't matter. 

• Like 2

Last day of my cousin vuisiting and we got a ton of stuff rammed in. Marazion and beach combing and some swimming (on another beach and wow, i am tired now. 
didn't help that lunch wise this is day 2 of not great lunch (i failed to have any yesterday ? very not ideal for me). Todays lunch was a very burnt sausage roll which i choked down mostly as i really need to eat something (possibly the worst sausage roll I've ever had) and an oat bar i had in my bag in case of emergencies. 

being out with 2 people who are not fans of lunch isnt great for me blood sugar and energy levels. Need to be more assertive about my needs when out with guests, but its hard when I'm tired. Especially as my ankle means i cant just go and get something quickly. Its getting better. But slowly. 

weather isn't great tomorrow, but i might catch the bus anyway just to get some quiet and space. Having guests is lovely, but i definitely need a break now to recharge. 

• Like 7

On 9/23/2024 at 11:23 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Bonus find was a tiny guiro frog, which is adorable. 

Guiro frogs are so fun! I vote you bring it to the beach to play against the waves. Fun little rhythms can happen!

41 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

welp, im going to find out. I literally know zip about it, other than many people in my fantasy book group keep recommending it. I paid 40p for it, so if i hate it i doesn't matter. 

Honestly it's mid but influential, and a literary classic written by a woman is worthwhile even just for solidarity. Like once you get through it, you can read solar punk stuff that are riffing off of CotCB and get the in-jokes of later authors having their characters ROAST Auel's work. 

image.jpeg.a5f994b4c48ea638b7cb56ea78015f03.jpegimage.jpeg.b1f17e0817e87bc7281dc93904d10229.jpegimage.jpeg.3c752b3c6a052ad582f5cb0daa8c7f9f.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

being out with 2 people who are not fans of lunch isnt great for me blood sugar and energy levels. Need to be more assertive about my needs when out with guests, but its hard when I'm tired. Especially as my ankle means i cant just go and get something quickly. Its getting better. But slowly. 

Remind me, how do you feel about protein shakes? 

27 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

weather isn't great tomorrow, but i might catch the bus anyway just to get some quiet and space. Having guests is lovely, but i definitely need a break now to recharge. 

I heart this. Nothing like crummy weather to discourage people from talking to me when I'm out and about. 

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

49 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Remind me, how do you feel about protein shakes

We dont have a blender, so they are kind of a non starter for me. Plus everything ive had with pea protein in it i have hated the taste of the pea protein. Which has not enthused me to try hand mixing one

Becky chambers books are on my tbr chillout list. I am savings them for the right low energy day

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

We dont have a blender, so they are kind of a non starter for me.

You don't blend them, you shake them. With a cheap shaker bottle with a small metal wire ball for breaking up clumps. As long as you get an adequate quality one, they mix well enough. Can you have dairy? If so optimum nutrition's double chocolate is a fine choice, especially if blended with milk.  

• Thanks 1