Hi there!

Simple (not easy) challenge this time around. I want to get my nutrition in the right place for strength growth without excessive addition of fat.

I've got my target protein intake figured out. At this point, my goal is to make things as simple as possible so I'm running on the assumption that fat vs carbs for the remainder of my nutrition doesn't matter much as it should be mostly used as fuel for my day to day body maintenance and exercises if I calibrate it right.

So what I will do is weight myself daily (though only assessing weight trends based on 7 days moving averages) and compute my caloric intake (with a mindset of "good enough" when it comes to precision - there again, assessing trends based on 7 days moving averages), plot it daily and post it here.

On the side, I  will also assess my degree of satisfaction with my current physical shape based on functional strength and body appearance. This is to assess whether weight gains/loss are done in a desirable way - that is, muscle growth/fat loss - or a function of eating too much/too few). My ideal weight should be in the 80-90 kg (probably closer to 90 if putting on muscle but I'm not convinced the light degree of exercise I'm doing should take me there).

I've started measuring last Sunday and don't have trendlines yet. I'll start posting plots tomorrow.

Have fun and be great!

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.