Forums are back in action! ×

Robert Patt as Finnick O'Dair?

Please, God, no. I don't care if a million crazy teens love him. He does NOT say Finnick O'Dair to me.

I actually liked him in Water for Elephants...I think he's well suited for period pieces...like Colin Firth.

I do think Chris Evans might could pull off Finnick though...I've seen him in movies where he had to have that arrogant "I'm super-awesome" attitude, and he did it well.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

It's not that I hate him so much... I just don't think he fits the roll. At least not in my mental image of Finnick, but when has a movie ever catered to my imaginings?

No, I get you, and I agree totally. He's a fine actor when he plays a role he's suited for...just like any other actor/actress. Personally, I didn't find him that fitting as Edward, but what do I know? Nobody pays me millions of dollars a year to cast poorly-suited actors for blockbuster films. :D

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Yeahhhh.... I read the Twilight books after seeing the movies (thus far) and it's hard not to picture the actor, but there was something that didn't quite mesh between the movie Edward and the book Edward. And yeah, they definitely didn't get me to cast Peeta... I like Josh Hutcherson, but he just didn't grow tall enough to be the perfect Peeta *sigh*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I don't really mind him all that much. I liked water for elephants quite a bit. It's Stewart that makes me want to hurl. lol

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I don't really mind him all that much. I liked water for elephants quite a bit. It's Stewart that makes me want to hurl. lol

That's funny, cause I didn't like Witherspoon in Water for Elephants. I didn't find her believable as a circus performer.

~Oscar Wilde

He does NOT say Finnick O'Dair to me.
I do think Chris Evans might could pull off Finnick though...
I vote Armie Hammer.

Agree with all these. Armie Hammer would be better, I think, but I don't see Pattinson = Finnick.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Amen. Snow White and the Huntsman looked interesting until I saw that Stewart was playing Snow White. I mean, really???? Charlize Theron will chew her up and spit her out.

I always pictured Finnick as a younger Brad Pitt. No one really comes to mind but please God, not R-Patts. :sulkiness:

Yeah, R-Patts is not at all what I picture for Finnick. Plus I think I read this morning that that rumor got shot down (Den of Geek tweeted that I think).

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Archived