Forums are back in action! ×

Not hungry at all...help?

Guest Tigger

Guest Tigger

So I've been transferring into a Paleo-ish diet over the past month with no real issues to speak of. I'd typically be hungry all day and would spend a lot of time trying to get in as much 'good' food as possible (veggies, eggs, meat, and some fruit) because I would be hungry all day long. But for the past two or three days I haven't been very hungry at all. I made my typical omelet on Wednesday, and could only force myself to eat half of it, then I didn't eat lunch either!

I'm pretty good about listening to my body (eating when it wants food, abstaining when it doesn't), but I'm a little concerned. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you get through it? Should I listen to my stomach or force myself to eat something?

(Thanks in advance)

I've been in pretty much the same boat. I switched to Paleo (or +90% Paleo, at least) and I've noticed that I really just don't need much food anymore. Even working hard at the gym and general running around in the course of the day, I rarely exceed about 1200 calories/day. This is all while following the golden rule...

you're hungry, eat. you're not, don't eat.

I eat when I'm hungry; but because I'm eating nutritionally dense foods I really don't need to eat that much to get through a day. It's hard to over-eat on Paleo(ish) because everything is extremely filling and nutrient dense. If you're not chronically hungry, there's probably not much nothing to worry about.

Kewilson - Misfit Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operation Phoenix: 6-Week Challenge Thread

STR: 2 (+2), DEX: 0 (+1), STA: 3 (+0), CON: 4 (+0), WIS: 5 (+0), CHA: 1 (+3)

Guest Tigger

Thanks for all the help guys!

If I stick to the golden rule, I should be fine :) I totally forgot about getting more nutrients per bite than normal, my body was probably just trying to find it's new 'normal'. I guess I just got scared because when I first started the switch I was constantly hungry and now it's just the opposite. :D

Thanks!

you're hungry, eat. you're not, don't eat.

Exactly, no matter what type of diet I'm currently doing (I've been paleo for awhile), I got through phases like that. Listen to your body. If it needs the sustenance, you'll be hungry. For life-long good habits, you try to get into the habit of only eating when you're hungry. That way, if you ever decide to give up paleo, you don't gain a bunch of weight from eating just by force of habit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

Archived