Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new, and I need some accountability - help?!

Hello! My name's Hayley, I'm a 30yo New Zealander. 5'10", 100.5kg. Over the last three years I've dropped 17.5kg, still have another 25kg or so left to burn. I don't want it to take another 3+ years to reach my goals, or lose muscle getting there, so I'm stepping up my game! I have trouble staying focussed, so I'm hoping that I'll find some accountability partners here. :)

I'm teetotal, dairy free, wheat free, sugar free, omnivorous. I love seafood. I like a lot of variety in my cardio activities.

I've always been pretty haphazard with strength training, so it's time to start following an actual training plan and keeping track of what I do so that I can finally start making some progress!

Hmm, what else... I live alone apart from two cats, and work in a plant nursery. I'm currently learning to drive (yup, at 30! Better late than never, right? :)).

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Cactuar Adventurer

STR 2.75 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.5

(+1 WIS for Week 1 Mini Challenge)

My current challenge thread

Welcome to The Rebellion! Congrats If you need accountability this place is a great way to go!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Thanks for the link DaveSix, I'll definitely do some reading about Leangains! :)

And thanks Doodle! As soon as I found nerdfitness I knew "these are my people!" Yay!

Hi ocelot! It really is an awesome job - I love being outdoors, and all the variety. :) Do you work in horticulture? Thanks for the welcome!

Can someone please tell me how to get starting stats?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not exactly though I've worked outside on farms before. I just love botany and plants in general! I'd love to get a job with a more in-depth approach rather than just trying to get the harvest in as fast and mechanically as possible which is what the food industry is generally all about.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

The nursery trade can be rather mechanical, too: collect, prepare and stick 2k lavender cuttings, rinse and repeat. I'm lucky enough to be with a very small nursery, only 6 staff, so I get to do a really wide range of tasks. It'd be awesome to be in botanical research, that's probably about as in-depth as you can get!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG! I go to Levin at least once a week! I'm going tomorrow, in fact, to drop off some plants with a customer. I think Levin's actually pretty underrated (remember when IceTV rated it the most boring town in NZ??) - then again, I grew up in Otaki... >.>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived