Forums are back in action! ×

Imma gradumatated!

---

I'm pretty new here, but I couldn't resist sharing my "woot" moment with y'all. I went to college from 2002-2006, but in my senior year, I bombed the last semester. I had to sit in the audience and watch my then-fiance graduate, when I should have been walking the stage behind him. Then I wasn't financially capable of returning, so for five years, I had to cope with being a college washout. It was humiliating, and made me feel like a failure.

But even at the graduation in 2006, when I broke down, unable to hold back my disappointment anymore, the woman next to me patted my arm and said, "Don't worry, honey, your time will come." (Okay, so maybe that's a little ominous. Just stay with me here.) For five years, her words haunted me.

Well, she was right. May 5, I finally walked across the stage of the same school I'd gone to before, and received my B.A. Oh, and did I during all but the last month, my husband was deployed in Afghanistan?

My professor and advisor, a wonderful lady, told me over lunch, "I have to be honest--I didn't believe you when you said you'd come back, because many others have said the same thing and never followed through. But you did!"

A WINNER IS ME :victorious:

Woot woot! congratulations! My husband did the same thing in his junior year but went back a year later and graduated a semester after me. When you grab at the brass ring half heartedly and miss it while someone else gets it it can haunt you. So GLAD you went back because you simply screwed up and sometimes in life, those are the TIMES that define us....and make us realize what is important. I know it did for peter who went on to get his MBA while working full time and us starting a family and he got almost a 4.0!!!! You so totally ROCK grad!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Archived