Forums are back in action! ×

First 5k!

My time was 31:04, not as good as I had hoped for but I'm still really pleased. I ran the entire way and never even had the desire or need to walk. I hope the second one I can get under 30:00. I feel really accomplished, more so then I have in a long time.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks ETF! I really appreciate it.

Becky and Spatz, I wish you both luck on your first 5k's. It's a blast!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

excellent job! congrats :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Nice work, dawg! You'll smash that 30 minute barrier next time for sure.

w00t! :)

Thanks, lachy! It really motivates me when people say things like that. I feel like I have to do it or I'm letting someone down. So, next time, def under 30 mins! My next race is two weeks away, plenty of time to prepare.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Congratulations! A full 5k is pretty awesome, and you did it under 35 minutes- amazing!

Thank you! I did the best I could!

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

You beat the pants off my first 5k. Well done!

To be fair, I've technically been training for it since I joined NF, lol. I just now got the guts to go out and do it. Thanks so much!

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

To be fair, I'm not wearing pants anyways ;)

I feel a name change might be in order!

Congrats on the 5k I'm still in the high 30s ;(

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Congrats! I'm doing my first ever 5K walk on Sunday. That's a walk, not a run, though! I'm doing it with hubby and two small kids, so jogging/running, even assuming I was fit enough, wouldn't really be very family-friendly.

Its a big step up for me compared to my previous attitude of "Can I pay money to *not* go exercise?" *lol*

Good luck on your first! There were lots of walkers at the one I went to. Also, lots of people out there with their children.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

That really is great! I think 31 min is great timing on your first 5k! I did my first last month and my timing was 39 min!! I was one of the last ones, but I was still proud that I ran/jogged the whole way! You will definitely beat 30 min on the next one, have you signed up for it?

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

That really is great! I think 31 min is great timing on your first 5k! I did my first last month and my timing was 39 min!! I was one of the last ones, but I was still proud that I ran/jogged the whole way! You will definitely beat 30 min on the next one, have you signed up for it?

Well thank you! I don't see how you were last! There were people coming in after 50 mins in the one I went too. Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'm signed up for my next one on June 9th. Plenty of time to train to break 30 mins.

Are you doing another one anytime soon?

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived