Forums are back in action! ×

Just another newbie... (temporarily) living in the smallest state, Rhode Island. And happy to have found a fitness basecamp not only focused on weight - I want to get a little smaller, but do not care about lighter...

Weaknesses: difficulty sticking to exercise for longer than 6 months (raised by parents who thought time spent exercising correlated negatively to IQ, and sucked in gym--have since understood that being a year younger that everyone else and apparently having a freakish level of slow-twitch fiber did not help, but I still have trouble shaking the conviction that I suck at exercise. I do not care forsucking). Pretty weak overall, esp. upper body. No explosive power whatsoever. Beginning to fatten up a bit, what with being 35, a food nerd, and not exercising regularly/ having a sedentary lifestyle.

Strengths: I eat rather clean (not raised in America = cook almost everything from scratch). Resilient (see slow twitch muscle and all that). Really good base metabolism, so weight not really an issue. And I walk everywhere, always have.

Goals: overcome fear of looking stupid and find the awesome in exercise, firm thighs (vanity goal), increase energy... Oh, and better my American pop culture.

Right now: experimenting with a sugar ban (except fruit; will evaluate at the end of June), started the Angry Birds workout at n00b level, and collected a high pile of Nerd Fitness underpants. Some huge projects are keeping me chained to my desk till June 15, but I've promised myself to join the next 6-week challenge.

Also, not good at keeping it short, and like my smiley old style :P

Breton Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 3

[challenge thread]

"I thence / Invoke thy aid to my adventurous song, / That with no middle flight intends to soar." (Milton)

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you :)

I'll actually be in Rhode Island soon on my road trip if you'd like to try and meet up/find other NFers to meet up with.

I find that people I've met in person keep me accountable the best.

As for not being afraid looking stupid, thats something that only comes with practice. ;)

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram

I appear to have a lot of slow twitch fibers as well...that like to lift heavy things often...

Welcome to NF...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I find that people I've met in person keep me accountable the best.

>> just had a look at your big goal >> now, that is awesome! And yes to meet in person if I'm around when you come through RI, that'll be a good exercise in committing to NF!

Breton Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 3

[challenge thread]

"I thence / Invoke thy aid to my adventurous song, / That with no middle flight intends to soar." (Milton)

I'm not good at keeping it short either. Ramblers unite! Welcome to NF. Sugar bans/cuts are definitely the way to go, it's the most pointless substance... I must admit when I first banned it, I gained a load of fat, but that was because I carbed to the max and wasn't watching my quantity intake so I'm sure you'll be fine. I make almost all healthy choices look bad! D: Have fun picking a guild/making stats/all that good stuff.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Archived