Forums are back in action! ×

Project Crave Healthier Foods is showing signs of success!

theanne

I outlined this in a blog post a couple days ago but...

I have virtually little to no will power when it comes to food. I'm not saying that as a complaint or excuse, just a fact.

There are several components to controlling what you eat, and on my road trip I have true control over only one of those variables: My cravings.

"How do you control your cravings?" you ask innocently enough.

I've discovered that when I'm working out all the time, my body naturally wants better food. And by better I mean... protein. Nutrients. It even feels sick when it consumes some foods that I'd otherwise not even think twice about eating.

I still don't have ultimate control over what food is available to me (due to low funds, being fed by others, etc) but I'm much more likely to be as picky and healthy as I can within those parameters when my cravings are in charge.

I've worked out 4 days this week (and officially began my Spartan training 3 days ago) and today I'm snacking on almonds (which I don't even really like) and having a protein shake (which I'd been ignoring because it's not really tasty).

Motivation levels are through the roof and I could not be happier!

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram

healthy food tastes better as you go along and unhealthy food ends up giving rise to thoughts like: "why did i think this cr@p tasted good? can't believe i craved this stuff..." your body gets used to different things... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Yep -- the more seriously I work out, the more I crave whole, good foods and SLEEP. And the more I eat well, and get enough sleep, the more motivated I feel to get my workout done rather than feeling like a slug and putting it off. It becomes a self-reinforcing cycle of awesomeness. I just have to remember to stay on the cycle and not get sidetracked into gross-ville.

Thanks for the reminder -- and congratulations to you on your successful project!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Archived