Forums are back in action! ×

I suck at ALL the things!

Morrigainz

I struggle with depression too, so I know there aren't any easy solutions. Here are some things that are working for me lately:

Learn to forgive yourself. Treat yourself as nice as you would anybody else.

Celebrate every victory, no matter how small. People have written books about people who survive incredibly desperate circumstances, and one of the things that separates survivors from those who perish is that survivors celebrated small victories.

If you're in a bad place, do something else. Anything else. I've stood up and walked in place in front of my TV for 15 minutes at 11:30 PM on a weeknight, just to break the tension of my despair.

Throw away the all or nothing mentality. The next conscious decision you make does not need to be guided by recent mistakes.

Turn off the auto-pilot. Somehow I got the eating auto-pilot that was programmed by Augustus Gloop, so this was mandatory for my weight loss.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Hey! Checking in from vacation (which involved very little access to web!).

I, too, have been (am in...?) a dark place for different reasons, but really struggling. I can't work out the way I want either.

To be honest, not dealing w it well. But finding some ways.

Dude... I'm here for you. I can tell you how I'm trying to work through my stuff if you want.

And, yes, I'm drinking beer.. Gah!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I hear you dude.

I would tell your boss about the depression. Last year I got quite anxious/depressed at work, performance did suffer some, didn't really want to talk about it - and I know my bosses just thought I sucked. Talk to them!

I twenty-second making lists. It's so awesome ticking stuff off! Don't get super ambitious, or you might get miserable if you don't achieve everything, but small things - wash dishes, do laundry - and anything else achievved is a super awesome bonus.

Try to get as much gentle exercise as you can. No straining, but walking, maybe yoga, to keep your mind in touch with your body.

Eat as well as you can. Not necessarily strict Paleo, but make good choices.

When you make mistakes, fall down, don't get stuff done - forgive yourself! Move forward, don't let stuff hold you back.

And make the most of having a good community like this to talk to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Rider of Rohan

http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/shadowkat/

HOW DO I BE NORMAL?

thought id weigh in here with something my guitar teacher told me nearly 10 years ago. you're not normal, don't strive to be normal. normal people are boring. be awesome, interesting, passionate, dedicated, and unique. be yourself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Wow...you guys are awesome. Thank you thank you thank you!

I do think I need to change my treatment. Right now I'm kept from the lowest of my lows, but that doesn't mean that I'm functioning at the level I want to be. It just means that I can pretty much get out of bed every day instead of sleeping all day.

Success: made it to work!

I did tell my boss yesterday...he had no reaction and now I'm questioning whether I should have told him...but what's done is done.

Gonna try to pick myself up and dust myself off this weekend :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I did tell my boss yesterday...he had no reaction and now I'm questioning whether I should have told him...but what's done is done.

Generally if he didn't react, it probably wasn't new/surprising to him. That means telling him was good.

Good luck with the Mir lifting and dusting this weekend. Clean Mir on Monday :)

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Mir cleans on Monday!

...I think. I don't remember what my last workout was. If I'm ok tomorrow I will be working out...but I don't remember if it's a DL day or a clean day...I think tomorrow would be cleans but who knows.

If the weather is nice I will definitely go for a run! I ran a couple days after work last week and the week before and it was awesome. I miss it!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Mir cleans on Monday!

...I think. I don't remember what my last workout was. If I'm ok tomorrow I will be working out...but I don't remember if it's a DL day or a clean day...I think tomorrow would be cleans but who knows.

If the weather is nice I will definitely go for a run! I ran a couple days after work last week and the week before and it was awesome. I miss it!

Sounds awesome! Yea you!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Archived