Forums are back in action! ×

I don't know what I am, but I do want to be healthy.

As with every game I play, I can't figure out what class I am/want to be :D

Hello! I just discovered this forum today and I am loving it. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the information but I hope to stick around and learn something.

I am 33, living in Wisconsin. I am on the right track with my fitness but have plenty of distance to go yet. I'm just under 5'3", 133 lbs or so and looking to get healthier and perhaps trim up that last bit of belly fat and such leftover from when I had my twins 5 years ago. I also just want to feel better. I know I have a killer sugar addiction. I am interested in the paleo diet but not ready to go 100%. Just information gathering right now. I don't think I ever really want to be 100% (I mean, I need to have some chocolate occasionally for my sanity...) but I'm giving serious thought to trying it and seeing what happens.

Right now, I try to get to the gym 3 or 4 times a week (it is difficult to do so around family/kids). I enjoy classes/group excercise the most, with Turbokick being my favorite, then mixing in some other cardio/strength classes. I run occasionally, but every time I try to do any kind of training I get vicious shin splints in no time flat. After many shoes and trying to fix gait and such, I really think that it's a biomechanical issue.

Otherwise, I have no clue what is going on here, or where to go from here, but wanted to say hi!!

Thanks for reading!

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Hey, welcome! Another mom, woot! :)

I didn't pick a class either. I like to lift heavy stuff, but I also like to run, do yoga, and I'm up for pretty much anything that sounds interesting, so I think I'm a warrior-druid-assassin-ranger, lol.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

As with every game I play, I can't figure out what class I am/want to be :D

Hello! I just discovered this forum today and I am loving it. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the information but I hope to stick around and learn something.

I am 33, living in Wisconsin. I am on the right track with my fitness but have plenty of distance to go yet. I'm just under 5'3", 133 lbs or so and looking to get healthier and perhaps trim up that last bit of belly fat and such leftover from when I had my twins 5 years ago. I also just want to feel better. I know I have a killer sugar addiction. I am interested in the paleo diet but not ready to go 100%. Just information gathering right now. I don't think I ever really want to be 100% (I mean, I need to have some chocolate occasionally for my sanity...) but I'm giving serious thought to trying it and seeing what happens.

Right now, I try to get to the gym 3 or 4 times a week (it is difficult to do so around family/kids). I enjoy classes/group excercise the most, with Turbokick being my favorite, then mixing in some other cardio/strength classes. I run occasionally, but every time I try to do any kind of training I get vicious shin splints in no time flat. After many shoes and trying to fix gait and such, I really think that it's a biomechanical issue.

Otherwise, I have no clue what is going on here, or where to go from here, but wanted to say hi!!

Thanks for reading!

http://www.bodybyscience.net/home.html/?page_id=301

Thanks for the article! Good read. Turbokick is most definitely a high intensity workout. After I started doing that about 2 years ago was when some of that body fat actually started burning. Now I just need to step up the diet and throw in more strength training. Problem is I'm a little scared of the free weights at the gym. They do have lots of machines but I've heard that is not a great workout.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Archived