Forums are back in action! ×

Achieved my goal 6 months early

Bellatrix

I set myself a goal to do an unassisted chin up this year and I've worked long and hard on my fitness, I can dead hang but not lift my body.

A few weeks ago my trainer suggested putting the smith machine bar up nice and high (coz I'm a shorty and it's the highest bar in the gym) and using some resistance bands to support my weight a bit and see if that helped, it totally did and that week I was doing slightly assisted chin ups.

Last week I put the bar up myself and she went to get the bands, I grabbed the bar and pulled and up I went, I didn't realise at the time and went about doing the set and then continued on with the other weights I do, I realised several hours later sitting at home. So today I went in, my trainer says lets see you do another chin up, so I grab the bar and get right up, woot. Then I managed to get out another 5!!!!

I never thought I'd be able to do this, I've always had a weak upper body and could never do it when I was younger. I have now achieved one of my fitness goals for the year 6 months early :)

Archived