Forums are back in action! ×

Howzit going everyone?

I have to say I'm glad I stumbled upon this site. It's a great inspiration knowing there are so many others working their butts off.

So, I'm one of those older folks that remembers the Atari 2600 when it came out. Mostly because I didn't have one...lol. Xbox is now my poison, which probably helped me gain some weight. ;-)

First things first, I've completely changed my diet. I am so amazed at how the key is diet and food. Unfortunately I'm a picky eater, naturally, so that's my biggest issue. I am trying new things because this weight is coming off no, no more excuses.

Second issue is trying to get a decent workout routine. There's so much info out there. It's almost a mobius strip of info...lol. Any tips or hints is greatly appreciated.

Anyways, this is a great place full of great people. Hope you all achieve your goals! :cat:

Welcome!! Honestly, the best work out is the one you are going to do! Doesn't really matter as much what it is as long as you start moving and do it regularly. THat is the first step. There are lots of workouts listed in the blog, that is a good place to get started.

Nice to meet you!

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Welcome, PJ! Awesome job changing your diet! It's SO important! For me, working out was just about finding a routine and sticking to it. I'd let myself get overloaded with info for so long it had paralyzed me. Just getting to the gym and moving got me going. After a couple of months, I found what I liked (classes/group settings for weights and cardio) and that was awesome. But starting was the key. Do you have a gym in your area you want to start at, or that would be convenient for you?

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

If you could do anything, physically, what would it be? Martial arts? Yoga? Gymnastics/bodyweight type stuff? Pick up heavy things? Run for miles or swim or bike, or climb mountains? That's what you should focus on, and if you can't do those things yet, then you'll at least know where you're headed, and you can begin acquiring the skills that will get you there.

Welcome!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Welcome! Great work so far! I don't really have any tips on finding a routine. Other than find something you enjoy, that way it's easier to stick with.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Ahhh gyms. That's my biggest issue right now. I think I'm going to be stuck with a huge national chain but it's all that's here. Well, all that's here unless I want to spend serious cash on a private trainer which just isn't in the budget. I've been eying the bodyweight routines until I can get the whole gym thing sorted.

Archived