Forums are back in action! ×

Team Nerd Fitness for Ravelympics 2012

Oogiem

Near duplicate of the Rebels in Ravelry Thread post but separated our for us to post about our event here as well as on Ravelry.

Calling all NF SPinners, knitters, crocheters, weavers and other fiber folk. It's Ravelympics time and we have our own special team.

We are officially Team Nerd Fitness for the Ravelympics 2012. Our Team thread is in the main village, join the group Ravelympics 2012 to see and post there. We'll also be discussing the whole thing in the Rebels on Ravelry group.

the FAQ about how to enter and work on events is here

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/ravelympics-2012/2092752/1-25

Our tag for noting projects is teamnf2012

The rules for each "event" vary and all are posted in the google doc mentioned in the events thread in the Ravelympics 2012 group here

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravelympics-2012

Generally the rules are a mass cast on during the Olympic Opening ceremonies, the goal is to start and finish projects during the Olympics. There are a few events for hibernated projects and I think the weaving allows you to have warped the loom first (Edited NOPE Weaving is start to finish during olympics. SO my current on the loom item can only compete in the WIP event) but in general it's all new stuff. There are tags to put in for each project you enter. No rules on how many projects in each event I don't think, I haven't checked all the rules yet, they do vary some from time to time. Usually you can enter as many events as you wish but often projects can't be entered in multiple events with a few exceptions.

Here is the list of events and short form rules

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravelympics-2012/pages/EVENTS-2012

I set up the team and am one of the team captains oogiem over on ravelry.

See you there and good luck all NF Ravelers!

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

The US Olympics committee has said that any term including 'ympics is a violation of their trademark and are ordering Ravelry to quit calling it the Ravelympics. I'm so mad I'm seeing red right now....

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

The US Olympics committee has said that any term including 'ympics is a violation of their trademark and are ordering Ravelry to quit calling it the Ravelympics. I'm so mad I'm seeing red right now....

That is crazy! Ravelry's been doing the Ravelympics for how many years now? Does this mean Greece can sue the Olympics organization for rights to the name "Olympics", since the very first games were played in Greece, and are named for Mt. Olympus?

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I am SO MAD that I didn't see this back when it started. This is stinkin awesome. Anything with an event called the Handspun Heptathlon needs my support. Go Team NF!

Nothing in the rules about late starters...

COme on in the fiber's fine :-)

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

Finished my handspun heptathalon entry. Trying to get everything posted for a medal now. Nothing else got done

OK I've posted in the finishing line for a medal, post 271 and details are in the Team Nerd Fitness thread in the ravellenic Games forum and pix in my stash

Probably the only thing in which I will medal this time around...

Shetland Mule Yarn

Team Nerd Fitness

11 August 10:15 pm

http://www.ravelry.com/people/oogiem/stash/shetland-mule

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

Archived