Forums are back in action! ×

Day 1 on Nerd Fitness, Day 75 of personal fitness journey

Greetings everyone,

My name is Dan, I am 31 years old and I am a dork. Two and a half months ago I popped a button off of my size 44 pants and at that point I officially had enough. I changed my eating habits, started weight training and I think I've made good progress. Two weeks ago I experimentally tried on an old pair of 38 jeans and they fit. 6 months ago I tried the same thing and I couldn't even fit my legs in the leg holes. I'm defiantly stronger, I have more energy, I'm sleeping better and people have commented that I've lost weight but things are starting to get harder. I decided when I started this that I'm only going to weigh in once every 3 months. I know the way my mind works and if I did it anymore frequently the fluctuations would kill me. My first weigh in is in 16 days. One day before my wife and I's first anniversary. I'm pretty nervous. I'll stop rambling now. I really just wanted to say hello.

Thanks for Reading,

Dan

Aside: If there's any tabletop RPers in the NYC area that want to get a game together, let me know.

dorks unite! If you are already don to a 38, you are making excellent progress! I think you are doing a great thing avoiding the scale. That number doesn't really give a good picture of your actual health and progress.There are so many things that can affect that number. I am excited for your weigh in, too, though because you are going to see a change for sure!! Welcome and congrats on all your progress :)

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Archived