Forums are back in action! ×

How much do you think this guy works out?

Posted Image

You all now who he is. ;)

Anyway, this is my ideal body type at the moment. I'm pretty average, so I'm not exactly going to get there soon.

I just want to figure out if it is attainable between schoolwork (this is nerdfitness. I do a lot of it.), and other things like piano and working.

Anywho, I figure I could get to this body at some point (whenever that is), but I'd like to know how much work would have to be done for it.

I know there are tonnes of individual differences between people, but a rough guess would nice. Thanks guys! :) x

6WC.

Labore ad Scientia - By work and by knowledge.

"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."

haha, I'm with Carjack, I honestly have no idea who that is.

Big thing to consider, though, is genetics. Whoever this is, he might spend hours in the gym every day, or he might be naturally slim and just needs some pushups every now and then. There's really no way to tell. This is why those "so-and-so's celebrity workout" articles aren't really that helpful, outside some general guidelines to follow.

Very general impression? He's not really carrying a ton of muscle, so concentrate on fatloss first, till you get down into the 10% or under range. Use a combination of clean diet, a lot of walking and sprinting, and some circuits of compound movements a couple times a week. Then see where you need to add some muscle, if anywhere.

Or just train to be athletic and strong, and trust your form will indeed follow function to the extent of your own genetic potential.

:D

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

You guys disappoint! I'm not sure why Zac Efron was instantly recognizable in my mind though. Maybe I have too many friends that are teenage girls? Ha, ha.

Anyway, thank you for the responses. :) I shall now begin to look into suitable workouts and diet changes in order to attain this.

Thanks again! ~~

6WC.

"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."

haha im old and don't have a tv :)

what are you currently doing for your workouts?

You do not look very old at all.

Currently? Very little. I've got an elliptical machine, so I've been going on that every other day for about 2 weeks.

As far as muscle goes, I'm doing bits and bobs with some barbells and a chin-up bar, but not very much yet. :)

6WC.

Guest Carjack

From looking at those pictures, this Zac Efron guy doesn't have all that impressive a physique.

His abs are mostly a product of low bodyfat, his shoulders don't look all that powerful and he has no lat muscles. And that facial expression has me thinking it's a Brokeback Mountain love scene.

He probably works out on some silly gym machines like the pec dec.

If you do a basic power lift program like Stronglifts or 5/3/1 for three months with pull ups, much less something approaching your full potential training volume, and you'll have at least as much muscle mass and much better proportions than ten Zac Efrons. The haircut will probably cost you, though.

psh! just my sister! i have an antenna but i couldnt find it when i went to go hook it up the other day. i know its SOMEWHERE.

and i second carjack, just get on stronglifts and you'll be golden :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

That body is almost completely a product of low body fat. That's why he has so much definition without having any real large muscles to show for it. Check the traps and the arms, not really much there.

This is single digit body fat, probably 5-6%. You need to eat extremely clean and do some bodyweight work or something like swimming where you get some resistance in the upper body but not so much where you go into extreme hypertrophy.

Good luck on your goals.

I'm a Week Late and Pissed Off Challenge 

"What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates