Forums are back in action! ×

Are You Drinking My BROTEIN, Bro...? The Wacky World of ETFnerd...

ETFnerd

hahaha... so one of the reasons i haven't been around here as much lately is because i've been going through a transition at work. about 6 months ago, i applied for a position that was very visible and competitive. after it was said and done, it seems that 719 people applied for this position. i suppose that's a reflection of the current state of employment domestically at this point in time. anyhoo, in the last couple of months, the process began to ramp up with over 10 interviews in 4 rounds. it was kinda stressful and i needed to focus on this for a while. a little while ago i was notified that i had been selected, so i will be transitioning to a new job in the next month or so. so my new office will be in the building pictured here.

on the other hand, i've kept up running 5-6 days/week for about 8 miles/day and have been doing my pulls and sit-ups religiously. exercise turned out to be my anchor in helping me to retain my sanity during those stressful moments when it looked like i actually had a shot at being selected. i'm still on track in training to run the marine corp marathon with mom and dad in october, and found the hours on the treadmill to be thoughtful, introspective, calming and cathartic of all sorts of negative emotions. doing regular exercise, i found (i was probably not the first one :)), provides benefits not only in physical health, but also in mental and emotional health which radiates out to many aspects of personal and professional well-being. i look forward to discovering what other benefits i can derive going forward from my newfound lifestyle.

i'll be ramping up in my new role for a while and expect to participate to the extent i can, but i hope to check in here with my bros and bro-ettes as often as possible. peace homies... :) and don't suppress too hard your inner curlbro... hahaha... ;)

(golf clap) well done sir...well done. Congrats

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Watch it with these posts dude, had to delete one, and I'm guessing that there's more that I probably should seeing as 80% are blocked at work.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Congrats Congrats Congrats!

I am so excited for you! Awesome u maintained ur fitness.

Well done sir!

Sending good thoughts!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You train to look good. I train to kick your ...

If you still look pretty afterwords, you didn't do it right.

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up. Babe Ruth

the one with the baby holding mom's finger?

Yes. Babies holding fingers are inappropriate.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

hahaha... so one of the reasons i haven't been around here as much lately is because i've been going through a transition at work. about 6 months ago, i applied for a position that was very visible and competitive. after it was said and done, it seems that 719 people applied for this position. i suppose that's a reflection of the current state of employment domestically at this point in time. anyhoo, in the last couple of months, the process began to ramp up with over 10 interviews in 4 rounds. it was kinda stressful and i needed to focus on this for a while. a little while ago i was notified that i had been selected, so i will be transitioning to a new job in the next month or so. so my new office will be in the building pictured here.

on the other hand, i've kept up running 5-6 days/week for about 8 miles/day and have been doing my pulls and sit-ups religiously. exercise turned out to be my anchor in helping me to retain my sanity during those stressful moments when it looked like i actually had a shot at being selected. i'm still on track in training to run the marine corp marathon with mom and dad in october, and found the hours on the treadmill to be thoughtful, introspective, calming and cathartic of all sorts of negative emotions. doing regular exercise, i found (i was probably not the first one :)), provides benefits not only in physical health, but also in mental and emotional health which radiates out to many aspects of personal and professional well-being. i look forward to discovering what other benefits i can derive going forward from my newfound lifestyle.

i'll be ramping up in my new role for a while and expect to participate to the extent i can, but i hope to check in here with my bros and bro-ettes as often as possible. peace homies... :) and don't suppress too hard your inner curlbro... hahaha... ;)

Oh wow!!!

N-i-i-i-c-e!!!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Archived