Forums are back in action! ×

Prometheus beef (no spoilers)

Morrigainz

Husband and I just saw Prometheus this morning. I was quite satisfied. It did leave me with questions and (I think) had some plot loopholes, but all in all I enjoyed it.

My biggest problem with the movie?

In the beginning, Charlize Theron wakes up out of her cryo and immediately starts doing push-ups. They show a close-up of her with a super-intense face. Then the camera gets a whole-body shot.....Ms. Theron is doing like HALF push ups! In fact, I don't even know if she went all the way down to the halfway point! I was so disappointed that now I'm making a post about it. What does that say about me? :D

Anyway...there's my beef.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Husband and I just saw Prometheus this morning. I was quite satisfied. It did leave me with questions and (I think) had some plot loopholes, but all in all I enjoyed it.

My biggest problem with the movie?

In the beginning, Charlize Theron wakes up out of her cryo and immediately starts doing push-ups. They show a close-up of her with a super-intense face. Then the camera gets a whole-body shot.....Ms. Theron is doing like HALF push ups! In fact, I don't even know if she went all the way down to the halfway point! I was so disappointed that now I'm making a post about it. What does that say about me? :D

Anyway...there's my beef.

I noticed that too and it irked me! *lamefive*

They/them please

I noticed that too and it irked me! *lamefive*

OMG...so glad I'm not the only one!

Thanks for the heads up! I am seeing it in a few hours and fully plan on calling the movie out on it while it shows that scene :P

Please do! Make sure you come up with something appropriately fitness nerdy :P

Cap'n - you should see it. It was fun ;)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Just to be devil's advocate, what if waking up from cryo makes you really weak? Maybe the character is super strong and could totally to full push ups, but when suffering from the cryo crankies, even half push-ups require a herculean effort.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Just to be devil's advocate, what if waking up from cryo makes you really weak? Maybe the character is super strong and could totally to full push ups, but when suffering from the cryo crankies, even half push-ups require a herculean effort.

I thought it was a given that cryo sucked the strength out of you...remember Han Solo?

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I thought it was a given that cryo sucked the strength out of you...remember Han Solo?

Even Khan was totally weak when took him out of cryo...actually I believe it was more stasis...but he was totally weak. It wasn't till later when he pulled a scalpel on McCoy didi he really regain his strength. (If you don't watch Star Trek you don't know who/what I'm talking about. You should be shameful of that fact, painted blue and flogged w/ a bullwhip coverd in paperclips until forgiven!!!)

I thought Prometheus was kinda cool till I learned it was a prequal to Alien. Now I don't have any reason to watch it. I didn't watch any of the Alien series because Sigouney Weaver is Anti-Gun = Anti-American, yet she sure shoots a ton of them in those movies!!! Good ol' double standards!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

took my mom to see it a couple of hours ago and my MOTHER even commented on the crappy push-ups. LOL. She then complained about the random medically impossible stuff for 2 hours but whatever. Mind you this is the woman who made me see Alien when I was like 6... i was grown this way...

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

Archived