Forums are back in action! ×

What are you addicted to?

I'm absolutely addicted to french fries... I used to leave my client sites to go get them. It was sickening.

I'm addicting to working out.. Specifically, no laughs, Jazzercise. If I'm off for a week, I'm little going crazy. I have jazzercise to thank for my new found boottaaa.

You train to look good. I train to kick your ...

If you still look pretty afterwords, you didn't do it right.

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up. Babe Ruth

Coffee. Cigarettes. Food. Video games. To many things to get into here, but thank $deity I could always walk away from drugs and alcohol with no real problem.

I have a ridiculous "all or nothing" personality, usually because I tend to look towards external influences for happiness. Now that I'm making a conscious decision to channel it towards being healthy, living right, and doing well... and I never really crave the rest of it. And I'm starting to understand happiness and fulfillment a little more.

Except I still drink my morning coffee. And I still miss my cigarettes, even after a couple of months.

*sigh* It's an ongoing process.

EightDigit - Level 1 Dwarven RangerSTR: 3 | DEX : 3 | STA : 3 | CON : 2 | WIS : 2 | CHA : 2Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade.-Rudyard KiplingBattleLog | G+ Account 

Sweets! My friends always remind me that "all my teeth are sweet teeth" when we're at any place that sells candy or desserts. It was such a struggle giving them up (for the most part) when I started lifting again but I've pretty much let it go. Though, on the weekends I have to let myself indulge a little or I'll go cray hardcore.

French fries!

this. i think my next challenge is going to be french fry free. even the home made sweet potato kind.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Coffee. Cigarettes. Food. Video games. To many things to get into here, but thank $deity I could always walk away from drugs and alcohol with no real problem.

I have a ridiculous "all or nothing" personality, usually because I tend to look towards external influences for happiness. Now that I'm making a conscious decision to channel it towards being healthy, living right, and doing well... and I never really crave the rest of it. And I'm starting to understand happiness and fulfillment a little more.

Except I still drink my morning coffee. And I still miss my cigarettes, even after a couple of months.

*sigh* It's an ongoing process.

Ditto- minus the cigarettes. I'm totally an all or nothing kind of person. It sucks when I slip up my diet cause then I'm like screw it and just go all out slob for a few days (weeks) until the pudge comes back and the abs disappear, then I realize what I'm doing and snap back into place. Ish.

New addiction, though- Fluffernutter. the stuff you put in hot cocoa. spoonfuls? yes..

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

I get on what my mom calls "tears" (I think it's a Southernism...?): a period in which I'm 100% all about THIS ONE THING, and then... I'm 100% done with it.

For a while, it was knitting. Then sewing. Then making my own soaps. Right now, it's my health (which, interestingly to me, my father had the same tear when he was around the age I am now, and for several years it was all-encompassing then eased back into his SOP). Cooking is one of my MAJOR tears - I will go nuts cooking for days on end, feeding everyone in sight, and then not want to cook again for a few months (though I think I just like doing the prep work more than anything - and then once I've cut everything up, I feel like "uh, ok. Guess I need to do something with all of this..." Which then prompts MEGA-cooking). Luckily, I have a freezer, so I can store things for those times I refuse to actually cook. HA!

Books are the main constant - when I start reading, I can't really stop until I'm done with that book/ series.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Lizfer I think I am pretty similar. I get on these streaks of wanting to do things getting really motivated. then something or another has me drop off. Like I am working on a crochet blanket.. I was doing a square or two a day for about a week or two straight then. I stopped doing that. Books are a pretty consistant thing. Though I started reading Jane Eyre on the first and having a hard time finishing it despite it being a good one. but it seems like my streaks are pretty consistant. History of any and all kinds, Genealogy, Roleplaying, video games, movies, Music, Cooking, Crime shows, Dr. Who, crafting, scrapbooking.. Just to name a few. I go thru cycle after cycle. never staying on one for very long with reading peppered through it all the time. This Fitness streak I've been on has been the longest I've ever been dedicated to it. and pretty proud of that fact. In fact with this new challenge I added on to my workout. starting BW workouts and started eating healthier. :)

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

hmm I'd say I become addicted to running and the fact that I haven't been able to do any for so long is KILLING me!

Foodwise I'm addicted to popcorn. I could seriously sit there and eat bowl after bowl of the stuff and never get tired of it. If I go to the cinema, even if I'm not hungry, I'll still get one to myself (Rosie doesnt share popcorn!!)

And also I do become terribly obbsessed with TV shows and movies to the point where it's all I'll watch for days and its all I'll think about. Right now I'm reliving my obbsession for Dexter and the boyfriend and I are going through Lost from the very beginning. We have to make sure we dont start watching it too early in the day or we wont move from the sofa for hours! I'm not so much addicted to video games as I tend to get quite frustrated with games that I get stuck on for too long. I used to be addicted to Sims though (so much that I would go to bed and be having Sims related dreams!) or other games where you can just keep going on for ages and ages!

*edit* also Coke (but NEVER pepsi!) which i've scaled down to having just coke zero which (sounds like the adverts here) tastes exactly the same but without the sugar. Maybe my next challenge goal will be to give it up for6 weeks :-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Wine, CHEESE, rock n' roll, television, and working.

Used to include bread and any bread derivative (pizza, omg) in there, and sugar...but I kicked those pretty good!

The others, I just try to moderate. Work is the hardest one actually, because I love to program and I love making money, but I over-commit and end up tired and miserable and then my workout suffers.

Cheese..well...I'll never get over cheese. I jettisoned all other dairy (god how I miss you, cottage cheese!) but the thought of life without cheese makes me want to cry.

Coffee... oh god the coffee. And swearing I guess... I drop a lot of F bombs... :P I'm actually going to try and go a week without, since my ability to turn it off around parents, kids and old people has apparently disappeared.

On a more life encompassing train, I'd say anime and books. I can't stop once I start a new series. I watched around something like 57 episodes of Bleach in one sitting... then I realized I almost missed a test and I hadn't turned in any work. Reading, I'm especially bad. But luckily with the portability of my kindle, its not so horrible. Now I just read any time I'm standing in line, or at the doctor's, or sitting in class, or watching TV, or at a bar, or in the passenger seat of someone's car, or talking on the phone to someone I don't want to talk to... So its TOTALLY under control... /sarcasm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pixie Druid: Currently on first challenge!

STR - 2 CON - 2.5

DEX - 4 WIS - 2.5

STA - 1.5 CHA - 2.5

My day is officially considered "Begun" if I have my morning coffee if not, I resemble my avatar.

Other than that, I can't say I'm addicted to anything else... oh Final Fantasy! but even that's not so much.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I was addicted to soda. I switched to diet but was still drinking a liter or more a day. I quit cold-turkey, had a long headache, and haven't had a sip for months. I also ate WAY too many processed carbo-treats. A package of cookies wouldn't last long around me. I thought exercise would offset it- and it did to a point- but going paleo showed me what it's really like to have energy and a happy tummy. After a week or so the cravings went away. If I want something sweet, I have a few dates, a plum, or some berries. I might switch to a "cheat to lose" type system where once a week I can have some junk. I don't think it's realistic for me to say "I will never have a cookie as long as I live" but if I designate a day for it, then I can keep it manageable... especially if it's not stored in the house!

Jesse Mattson - Philomath, OR - Rangers Lead The Way!

my website  my blog

Wine, CHEESE, rock n' roll, television, and working.

Used to include bread and any bread derivative (pizza, omg) in there, and sugar...but I kicked those pretty good!

The others, I just try to moderate. Work is the hardest one actually, because I love to program and I love making money, but I over-commit and end up tired and miserable and then my workout suffers.

Cheese..well...I'll never get over cheese. I jettisoned all other dairy (god how I miss you, cottage cheese!) but the thought of life without cheese makes me want to cry.

Girl, I feel you on cheese. It's one thing I can't contemplate yet (but I remember there was a time I couldn't contemplate life without smoking too, and now I don't miss it, so: hmmmm).

Last night, I had a massive send off for pizza in my life - I felt like it was important for me to have that clean break, and BOY HOWDY, I'm feeling that gluten today ;) (it was delicious and terrible, and I don't regret it at all -- but my tummy is having a rebellion)

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Girl, I feel you on cheese. It's one thing I can't contemplate yet (but I remember there was a time I couldn't contemplate life without smoking too, and now I don't miss it, so: hmmmm).

Last night, I had a massive send off for pizza in my life - I felt like it was important for me to have that clean break, and BOY HOWDY, I'm feeling that gluten today ;) (it was delicious and terrible, and I don't regret it at all -- but my tummy is having a rebellion)

Just store memories of this feeling for when you have a craving in the future!

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Gosh where to start... Well for one computer games. I just go through phases with games such as BF3 (currently), Skyrim (previously) as well as League of Legends, Starcraft 2, and various Steam games. I just don't have anything else to do in this small town after I get off work and it's 100 degrees outside. Thanks to my parents I never got addicted to sodas and I still don't drink coffee nor do I plan to. Another addiction is overanlyzing/overthinking just about everything, I need to be able to relax and just go with the flow instead of worrrying what's going to happen.

Oh yeah and reading! Once I find a good book, good luck getting me away from it. (I read the Hunger Games SERIES in under 4 days) Sadly there isn't much of a library in the town i'm staying at right now.

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

Archived