Forums are back in action! ×

and so it begins.

Well, actually, it began in December. I just figured I'd shut up and get on with it until now, because I get way involved in planning and never get anywhere usually. Now that I've managed to lose a great deal of the weight I wanted to, and almost look good naked, I want to add a little strength training in, because more muscle is never bad, right? I'm terrible at message boards- it would be great to have a partner to email or chat with or something to keep me on track. Um. I'm terrible at introductions, so on to the numbers. These came from a health check a week ago, and a pleasant surprise it was too. :)

Name: Kate

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 163lb (-36 lbs)

Body Fat%: 23.3

Measurements: 42-32-42 (-3" waist, -4/5" hips)

Activity Level : Depressingly inactive

Workouts: Hotel, old school ladies' calesthenics. The internet archive has some real gems, let me tell you. ^.^

Current diet: 95% Primal. (I will rhapsodize about Primal all day long, to whoever wants to listen. It's done great things for me!) Once or twice weekly 18 hour IFs. Toying with the idea of a whole 30, but I do love my dairy...

Goals:

-decrease to 19% BF

-do a pullup by the end of the year

-consistently work in a weekly sprint session

-finally finish The Eternal Golden Braid (this thing has been nearly crossed off the to read list soo many times)

-increase in awesome

-beat that 5% not-good part of my diet, which is mostly sugar. and chocolate.

Welcome to the rebellion!

We're a pretty friendly bunch around here, and very free with advice. Don't be surprised if you find yourself exceeding your goals the longer you hang around. Something tells me that you'll not have too hard a time of it, given what you've already accomplished. Again, welcime!

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Great job so far! 36 pounds is nothing to scoff at! You're like me, I plan and plan and plan and...never really do anything. Also chocolate. I would happily eat chocolate all day. But clearly, you've already accomplished a whole lot. Good luck adding some strength training and beating that final 5%, if you've come this far you can finish it off! Feel free to shoot me a message if you're so inclined :) Best of luck to you!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Welcome to the Rebellion!

I'm pretty new here to and a fellow "Primalite" (I just made that up) though not as hardcore as you yet (maybe 75%).

Well done on your progress so far. You have some good, worthwhile goals ahead of you there - best of luck with them.

If you need a regular virtual partner, I'm hereby volunteering. I too could do with an individual training partner to help keep me motivated and to make me feel guilty when I don't work out.

Just say the word and you've got a wingman ;)

Here's me and my Epic Quest: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/61826

Welcome and congratulations on the progress you've made so far! Sounds like you've done quite a bit of "doing" and less "planning" so good on you!

What kind of strength training are you interested in? I love barbells. And I need a motivation partner as well :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Archived