Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie Road Warrior

Hi Guys,

I have been reading NF for past couple of weeks and I am hooked :)

So about me - I live in one city and work in another city - Live in a Hotel 4 days and at home 3 days.

When I am at work i am staring at the PC for almost 12 hours a day. I did started working out after work but diet is the hard part and saying no to work mates for happy our and dinners.

Age- 33

Height - 6'2"

Weight - 230lbs

Fat % - 22%

Goal - Not to lose weight but to lose Fat % by 12%.

Not sure where to go from here and I am open to suggestions tips.. anything .. knowledge is power so load me up.

Thanks,

Hulk :cool-new:

As a former road warrior, I know how tough eating healthy is. It wasn't until I gave up that life that I finally got my diet in line (although I am much better when I do have to travel now), and diet is going to be at least 70% of the battle when it comes to body composition.

What did you have in mind from a training perspective? Are you always in the same city? Does your travel policy cover gym fees?

Everyone reacts differently, but my current personal experience is telling me that a straight recomp (dropping BF% without losing weight) is very very difficult - especially if you are trying to get down to 10%, which is pretty cut. It is supposedly possible using a LeanGains style diet/training regimen (we have a great thread going on it here), but even doing that, it's just difficult to build muscle mass as quickly as you can lose fat. The result for me is that when I get to my target BF%, I am going to be skinnier than I would like - and I'll work on a slow bulk from there.

Anyway, welcome to the rebellion! There's a ton of great resources here, so jump on in.

Archived