Forums are back in action! ×

Planet Fitness Visit = Facepalm

a: I have a furious hatred for Planet Fitness and their smug judging of people who are actually successful in a gym. Then again, if my gym model were to have people run on treadmills forever, I'd get rid of the scales, too. No sense in letting them KNOW they're not making any progress, right?

try not to be a hater... i lost 90lbs on a treadmill... and no one's told me i'm out of shape... i've also lost over 100lbs lifting... the treadmill works much better for losing weight... it's just a matter of what you prefer to spend your time doing... and what your goals are...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Called the places. Ridley YMCA is out, no squat racks. Ridley Sports Club has 3 squat racks! That unfortunately knocks Iron Sports Gym out of the running as it is closer. I'm still waiting on a call back from snap fitness as to their equipment. Planning on visiting the final 2 (likely snap and Ridley) Wednesday then deciding based on equipment, price, and wife's opinion. You guys were a huge help, didn't know of either of these places.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You live just a couple miles away from me. I used to be a member of Iron Sports, and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's awesome, and Steve (the guy who runs it) is hilarious and very helpful. I have a friend that goes to a gym in Brookhaven (I think), so I can ask him where he goes.

You live just a couple miles away from me. I used to be a member of Iron Sports, and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's awesome, and Steve (the guy who runs it) is hilarious and very helpful. I have a friend that goes to a gym in Brookhaven (I think), so I can ask him where he goes.

Mdv, that would be awesome. Heading out to check out Ridley sports club now, snap doesn't have squat racks.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

And the winner is (unless Mdv has a better offering)... Bally Total Fitness. $15 less than Ridley Sports Club and has everything I need. Only 1 squat rack and no chalk allowed, but it'll get the job done.

500 / 330 / 625

Archived