Forums are back in action! ×

365 Days of WOOT!

I'm male and 42 years old. Haven't posted in awhile, but I thought I'd give a progress report. It's been a little over a year since I started with Nerd Fitness. In that year I've accomplished goals that I never thought I'd be able to do and it just inspires me to keep going and push myself even further.

- I've lost 40 lbs and now have to work at keeping weight on (mmmm, bacon!).

- 38" waist ---> 32" waist (I've had to completely change my wardrobe twice)

- couch potato ---> PB of 12 pull ups

- couch potato ---> PB of 25 push ups

- first mud run (awesome experience)

- first 5k (28min, 15.8sec, beat my younger brother in law by 5 seconds)

- first 7k trail run (49min, 49.9sec)

- first 10k (55min, 26.0sec, beat my younger brother in law by 5 minutes!)

- first 10k trail run (this weekend, will beat him again HA!)

- Lately I've been doing the Angry Birds workout as a circuit (3 rounds) and I am on:

Level 3 Push Ups (managed to complete the 50 pushups in 2 sets only once)

Level ? Squats (I'm doing 3 sets of 30 squats with 45# in a back pack)

Level 6 Pull Ups (it will be a long time before I pass level 6)

Level 5 Planks

In the fall I will participate in the Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, Urbanathalon, 60k bike ride, and a half Marathon.

I look better, feel better, have more confidence than I ever have (last one picked in gym class in high school, literally), and now my big goal is to find a better job. I have an interview next Thursday. I will kick ass.

Now if you are reading this and thinking, I couldn't do all that, that's BS, because YOU CAN!! Now go do it!

I also want to say thank you to everyone on this board for the inspiration, motivation, and support. This is an awesome community, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Those results are crazy! Heh, what does your younger brother in law say every time you beat him?

Good luck on your interview!

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

Just to follow up to my post above...

I beat my brother in law in the 10k trail run by 3 minutes. It was a brutal 5k steep uphill then a cruise back down.

The job interview went really well, but I won't know if I'm their pick until the end of the month as they have more interviews to do. I did kick ass though, and they were impressed with my portfolio.

This past weekend I climbed most of Half Dome at Yosemite for the first time. We got to the cables, but the rangers were repairing them and we couldn't climb up, but the hike there was awesome anyway and it just means I get to go back and summit some other time.

@ Roochop

For pull ups, to start I did lots of negatives (jump up to a "pulled up" position and then slowly let yourself down). Once I could do one pull up (posted a WOOT then too), I did a pull up every time I walked past my doorway pull up bar and continued with the negatives until I could do two, and so on, and so on. I've found that once I hit 10, getting any more was super hard. I've managed to get up to 12, but I've been stuck there forever.

@ Roochop

For pull ups, to start I did lots of negatives (jump up to a "pulled up" position and then slowly let yourself down). Once I could do one pull up (posted a WOOT then too), I did a pull up every time I walked past my doorway pull up bar and continued with the negatives until I could do two, and so on, and so on. I've found that once I hit 10, getting any more was super hard. I've managed to get up to 12, but I've been stuck there forever.

Cheers for the advice, this is my holy grail for sure.

Think I'm trying to find a complicated answer to a basic problem. Try try and try again

GO ON PIGS!!

:pig:

STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 1 CHA - 3

Another update and WOOT. I got the job offer this afternoon. Actually it's for a contract position to start, but there is much more opportunity there than the dead end I am at now. WOOT factor 12! I'll post some before and after shots later, as requested above...

I'm male and 42 years old.

- 38" waist ---> 32" waist (I've had to completely change my wardrobe twice)

If at 42 you can wear the same pant size that I am, at 20, you know you are doing something right. Awesome job man. And those are some nice PR's you have there. I hope I am that epic at your age :P

Awesome! There's a huge change in your before and after pictures. I can't wait until I have some impressive woots and before/afters to share!

Keep up the good work!

Work it HARDER, Make it BETTER

Do it FASTER, Makes us STRONGER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived