Forums are back in action! ×

New to all this malarkey!

Hey People

My name's Michael and I have been lurking around here for about 6 weeks but have never posted yet.

I am 28, was formerly quite fit and have slowly descended into a bit of a chubster and this needs to stop now! I came across the site 6 weeks ago and have managed to lose 16lbs so am feeeling quite proud of my myself but I am nowhere near finished.

I am a huge MMA fan and have decide to set out on a mission to make my way down the ufc weight classes. Months ago I weighed 206lbs which would make me a light heavyweight and that is ridiculous. My next goal was to make the middleweight limit of 185lbs, then the welterweight limit of 170lbs and my end goal is to make the lightweight limit of 155lbs.

My current weight is 186.6 so I am hoping to hit middlewight by Saturday.

I am also really looking forward to the 6 week challenge to give me a much needed kick up the arse. I will be in the Monk guild for now I think.

Wish me luck!

I am also really looking forward to the 6 week challenge to give me a much needed kick up the arse. I will be in the Monk guild for now I think.

Wish me luck!

Good luck on your first challenge! It's super fun and this community is like no other. The support is AMAZING! I only wish we were all really in the same gym together, cheering each other on in real life. Alas, online cheers will have to do!

Welcome to the ranks, rebel!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Archived