Forums are back in action! ×

Here it goes

Totally brand new to NF - I just found this site on Monday. Already hooked.

I used to be in good shape. I used to go to the gym 4-5 times a week. I used to eat well.

That was 2.5 years ago.

Then I moved to start working my dream job (librarian). Then I found the man of my dreams. Got married. Moved to the sticks. Welcomed two amazing step kids (ages 3 and 8) into my life. Beyond blessed. Talk about leveling up.

I also gained about 23lbs :( I never work out anymore. And I am the only one in my new family who eats green vegetables. I have been avoiding the mirror for months.

I am 28 years old and have the family and job I always wanted. And I would like to be healthy so I can enjoy it forever. (NF promises eternal youth right?). More importantly, I want to set the best example for my family (and hopefully get them to eat a salad).

I am really excited about the NF strength training program. I bought the guide and completed my first workout yesterday - the whole thing. I didn't punk out. And I am trying my best to make these small changes with the goal of becoming paleo. I am reading every article and book on the Paleo Diet I can get my hands on.

I have never really been a part of an online community - but I live in rural Georgia and I am on my own out here. So hello NF Community! I may not post bunches - but I thank all of you in advance for sharing your inspiration, your stories and your recipes (totally saw Staci's jalapeno bacon things and am drooling in anticipation). I look forward to leveling up alongside you all.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Hey Julie congratulations on entering one of the most inspiring communities I have ever encountered! And congratulations on all the good luck that has blessed you.. and the decision to level up. Hope to hear from you more often! Good luck!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

NF Doesnt promise eternal youth....it promises awesomesauce to rain down upon you and for your name to be known throughout the cosmos because of your dedication to leveling up and becoming the best version of you that you can be. :) Welcome to the Rebellion!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Archived