Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow Nerdites

Well first day on the site and glad to see so many others out there. I came across this site after reading someone's blog from Marksdailyapple.com and thought I'd give it a try. Since I hate gyms, no time and don't want to waste the money, and I am Nerd it just fits. Luckily I am married to a Nerd as well and we have no qualms admitting it.

Well the whole point of coming here was ot expand my horizons. Former Army sgt with 9 years in, tore up my back overseas, worked like a banshee to reapir sans surgery or drugs and here I am today. My back still gives me some issues but for the most part I feel good. When I bought my Vibrams a few years back I couldn't believe how much of a difference they've made and the progress I started to see really pushed me to continue training and getting more focused. Alas children came into being and I let myself go a little. I still look like I'm in good shape but looks can be deceiving so I am putting myself up for a 30 day challenge of eating extremely healthy, consistently working out and just trying to better myself each and everyday.

I was a gym rat but I have found that body weights work better for me. With a iffy back, surgically repaired shoulder I have to be a little careful with what I do. I once wanted to look like the hulk but after gaining 30 kbs overseas I realized I couldn't move. Whats the point fo getting huge if you can't move about in a natural way. Trying to run through the streets of Baghdad chasing bad guys was a little more difficult with no agility so I changed my focused to being lean and mean.

My goals aren't necessarily specific numbers like 4% body fat or add 12 lbs of muscle but moreso to be in ridiculous shape to be able to handle anyhting thrown at me. I always feel like when I am in shape I can do damn near anything.

Welcome to the community! (and hi fellow Georgian!)

Lean and mean is a good over all goal to have :) Look forward to seeing ya around the boards!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Archived