Forums are back in action! ×

Where to begin....

Hi, my name is silverpeacock, and I have a problem (peanut gallery: Hi silverpeacock), Man, this just feels like a 12 step intro.

Lets see if I can make it more interesting. Probably not, but oh well...I discovered Nerd Fitness about a month ago, shortly after I decided that running was what I wanted to do (well, it was torture du jour for me). I had a friend who had been extolling the virtues of eating paleo, and I was looking for a recipe for spaghetti. The paleo spaghetti lead me to the Legend of Zelda article (BEST SERIES EVER, I even have the tattoo). I decided that none of the exercises that were discussed in the blog looked intimidating. It was put in such a way that it looked doable. There was hope. So I read, and "collected yet more underpants" then decided that it was time to do something. I was "running" about 3 days a week, so I decided to try the beginners bodyweight workout on my off days. That went really well, the weights made me sore, and the runs loosened me up again.

At this point, I am slowly inching towards my goal weight, and my milage goal with my running. I am about 30-ish lbs down from where I started 10 months ago (stopping and starting with a small gain, and a lot of maintenance). I have about 13.5 lbs to go to my goal. I'm totally game to change the goal once I get closer to it. Same with my running, I started wanting to run a km, then 2, then 5, and on my workout this morning, I went 6.5. I'm aiming towards 10 kms, simply to be able to say I can.

I'm content to be an adventurer for a while, the trying to decide between scout and assassin.

Not too much else to say. I love my job (I'm a jewelry designer/metalsmith), but it has me crouched in my studio a lot of the time, and that leads to gaining weight etc... You know, the same way it creeps up on everyone.

Archived